Sheraton Suites Tampa

jtdlmc

Can anyone tell me about this hotel? The area it's in? I've got the HI Rocky Point booked but found this one on hotwire for $79/night for the two nights I will need - cheaper than HI. It is a weird thing on hotwire - it isn't hidden and states it is from hotels.com?! I have never seen that before, but anyway, wondering if I should change. The Sheraton does not offer free breakfast or shuttle to the port but does offer free airport shuttle and transportation within 4 miles of the hotel.

Hi JTD, I have not stayed at the Sherton Suites so I cannot comment on that but I do know the area pretty well. The hotel is on Cypress St. which is just on the other side of Tampa airport. It's a decent area, lots of airport hotels. It is also pretty close to the upscale International Plaza shopping mall. It is well within the 4 miles for your free hotel shuttle. They have many fine shops, a wine store a food court and lots of nice restaurants. In addition, there are a lot of restaurants surrounding the mall area too. www.shopinternationalplaza.com

Good luck and have a great cruise. :)

I won this hotel through Priceline for our upcoming Feb. cruise. I've never stayed there, but the reviews have been pretty good. We're flying in very late, and just wanted a place to lay our heads fairly close to the airport. We'll be heading out to the port the next morning, so won't get to see any of the area around the hotel, so that wasn't a concern. I think it'll be a nice stay, although I'm not happy about having to pay extra for WI-FI.:rolleyes:

Archived