Ecstasy room U224 info

mclinns04

We are just back. Room U224 is a mixed blessing. The hallway door is just past where the hallway narrows, making the turn into the room tight. My smallish scooter just made it. A larger one might not. The door to the bathroom also has a very tight turn in. My scooter was not able to make it because of the bump over. I would have to hit it straight on, which was impossible. If I hadn't accidentally (!!!!!) left my crutches in the van, I would have been alright. As it was, it was a real challenge. The rest of the cruise was as fun as always.

I have cabin U224 on Oct the 16. My daughter and I both have chairs. Do you think 2 chairs will fit in the room? They say we can't leave the out side of our cabin.

What kind of chairs? Do they fold? Do you use them all of the time? We had the beds apart. One of them was moved to the edge of the balcony door. We moved it as far back as it would go. (The back wall isn't quite straight.) There was enough floor space for my scooter to park between the beds and leave my friend enough room to walk through, more or less. There was also plenty of room at the end of the bed. Two regular wheelchairs should fit, but you may have to "dance" a little. There is no ramp to the balcony. The lip is about an inch and a half. It is a nice balcony, but I don't think wheelchairs will fit easily. As I said before, the biggest problem is the bathroom. The lip there is about the same as the balcony and I wasn't able to hit the bump straight on because of the angle required to get in. A regular chair may or may not work better. The closet is located behind the head of one of the beds. It took a little effort, but I could get into it. The rod and hangers are not lowered and the safe is unreachable from a seated position. The drying line in the shower is nearly at the ceiling. If you can get into the bathroom, the shower is a roll in and has a fold-down seat. The sprayer slides up and down on a pole like you see in some hotels.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'll check this thread for at least l little longer.

Archived