Dinner attire preferences

tiff123

What are your dinner attire preferences? Dressing up = Slacks, Dresses  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are your dinner attire preferences? Dressing up = Slacks, Dresses

• I like to dress up every night.
    • I only like to dress up on "dress up or not" nights.
    • I would like to dress very casual every night, but try to adhere to MDR rules.
    • I dress very casual and stick to the buffet most nights.
    • I dress very casual and go to MDR most nights.
    • Other.

If dress up means just slacks or a skirt and a nice top, then yes, I like to dress up every night. I usually wear dress pants (like you would wear to work) and a nice blouse, dressy top or sweater set. My DH wears usually black slacks and a polo shirt or dress shirt and sometimes a tie. This cruise I might wear nice jeans one night to dinner and a dressy top

I like to dress on a cruise. 1-2 cocktail dresses, one-shouldered black jumpsuit, drapy scarf dress, sleeveless or one-shouldered top with dress slacks, maxi dress, and heels. I may wear capris with a cute top later in the evening, if I choose to change, or on the last night.

Where else can I wear fun clothes, or a new dress I find at Marshalls for $40!!

I picked "Other" because we don't go very casual and we don't get very dressy. I like to wear nice slacks and a nice top. DH wears Dockers and a collared shirt. Dress up night he will put on a sport coat. I love NCL's casual attitude toward attire!

Well, I was in the first group and I have been a member here for quite awhile and have sailed on NCL twice, so be careful when you generalize. That being said, why do you feel the need to post how everyone voted? Are you trying to prove some point? I don't understand the need to call out everyone for his/her opinion. We are all entitled to one. It doesn't make someone's vote less valid just because they are a newbie or they haven't sailed NCL that much. The question was about dining attire in general, not dining attire specifically on NCL.

I'm with you on that one. I am in the first category also, and I felt the poster was trying to say that because we're "new" to NCL, that we havent settled down into the "casual" dress code lifestyle that NCL offers; but once we have enough NCL cruises under our "life jacket" we will come into the "bliss" of "FreeStyle Cruising." :rolleyes: (And, regarding the original post, I thought is was aimed at the NCL cruiser because it is posted under the NCL category, but any ways..)

I'll be doing my second cruise with NCL Jan 2011, my first cruise was on Carnival.

I take another view of freestyle perks...I like freestyle because I don't have to have "permission" to dress up.

In regards to Carnival....Why should I have to wait until Captains Ball Night or NCL's ...."Dress up or Not" night..in order to get sparkley..

Everyone's "Whatever" is a very broad spectrum. :)

The mindset of Freestyle is ... "Who care's what you wear."

If you're concerned about what I'm wearing...Your Not Free!! :D

When I first posted, I thought maybe choosing "dressy" wasn't the category I should have checked, but then the OP defined what she meant by dressy, and that's definitely me.

I usually take a pair of those slinky "traveler" pants and a long skirt and pack 3-4 nicer blouses to wear with them. Those pants/skirts have elastic waistbands. :D My huband takes nice slacks and long-sleeved shirts, sometimes with ties, sometimes not.

Freestyle is soooooo nice. We all get to wear pretty much what we want, whenever we want.

Archived