visa for Turkey ??

Lolotte

If you are "in transit" for your cruise, which means your cruise does not start or end in Turkey, you do not need a visa. But if your cruise starts in Istanbul and you fly into Turkey, or if your cruise ends in Turkey and you're flying home from there, you need a visa, which can be purchased at the airport.

I hope you meant to say you're on this cruise in 2011, because the Constellation isn't doing Turkey this year. So guessing you meant 2011, I see the cruises either start or end in Turkey, so yes, you will need a visa. If your cruise is starting in Turkey, here's a great hint for you. When you arrive at the airport, make absolutely sure you get in the correct line, the one for visas, and not the one for Immigration, because if you get in the Immigration line before obtaining your visa, they will kick you out of line and you will have to start over again by first getting your visa and then going back to stand in line for Immigration. If your cruise ends in Turkey, they usually have a visa area in the cruise terminal. But if it's not manned, you can get the visa at the airport, near to where you check in for your flight. Again, make sure you get the visa before you head to Immigration.

Are you on a 2011 cruise?? Which one?? If its the one from Amsterdam to Istanbul - Sept. 7th to 19th we have a Roll Call begun and I urge you to join us chatting. you can find us at: Sept

Visa - from what I've read you only need a visa if you'll be staying in Turkey 72 hours or more - and one can be bought at the airport (as previously stated).

If you're just visiting during a cruise no visa is needed.

Archived