My Review Liberty of The Seas 8/29-9/5

wild0826

thank you for your review, how did you find the entertainment around the various bars and what acts were on in the theatre

I am glad you enjoyed the review. I did not visit any bars on board myself, but I did pass a few. I can say that I passed boleros many times while music played. The music was always great and boleros always had a crowd. I also passed hoof and claw pub at night and it did have live music and was crowded as well. As for the theater, there was a music group called Tribute. They performed The Temptations music. They were wonderful. The was one guy that performed at the ships variety show. I believe his name was Krill, I believe. He did different stunts and was very good. I also saw both adult comedy shows. I cannot recall the name of the comedians. I do know the first one that performed was great. He was the best one I have seen on a ship. Unfortunately he ony performed for like 20 minutes. The second comedian that performed on the last night was just ok. He wasn't as funny as the first. As for the rest of the shows I didn't go to any, except the ice show called Encore, which was great. I also saw Ever After by the RCI cast and that was great also. Hope this helps

Absolutely loving your review - sailing on Liberty on Sunday and can't wait! Thank you so much

Come join our Roll-Call we will also be sailing with you this Sunday.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1110070

GREAT review! Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review. We are back on Liberty again this Sunday for the Western which we have done a few times. Who was the Cruise Director? Your experience in the dining room is why we now do My Time Dining. We had a similar experience a few years ago. We are also flying into Ft. Lauderdale and using SAS for the first time. Sounds like they worked out well for you. Wanda

Thank you so much. We will be setting sail on our honeymoon via the Liberty of the Seas 10/10/10 and your post have been very helpful.

-The Future Mrs.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! We will be sailing with you--my company's incentive trip was this cruise and I earned it!! Taking my hubby and 2 kids- will be my daughters Senior trip as well! I am soo looking forward to it and am hoping the hurricanes are all blow out by then! :)

Dining

Windjammer- The food was very good. We had lunch there twice and breakfast most times. There is a variety and didn’t have any trouble finding something to eat. There was a Jade section and the food was good from that section also. We never ate dinner there, but when we went looking for our son in there one night we did see that the food looked great. They also had sushi in the Jade section for you sushi lovers.

Chops & Portofino- we never ate there. I do not eat beef or pork, so it really didn’t make sense to me to go to a steak restaurant. Even though I know they have other things, we were happy eating in the dining room. Portofino didn’t appeal to us either. It may for some, but I can’t comment since I hadn’t eaten there.

Sorrento’s Pizza- This is the pizza shop in the promenade. I had pizza from there once and it was good. Lots of people ate there many times. They also served pastas salads etc. I only ever had the pizza.

Café Promenade- I visited there almost every night for a late snack. They had small sandwiches. I always here people talking about the croissant sandwiches. They were always ham so I never had one. My husband did love them though. They did have turkey sandwiches on small rolls though. I had a couple and they were quite good. They also served cookies, which were quite good, and other deserts and cakes. They had regular coffee and espresso beverages to purchase from Seattle’s best coffee.

Ben & Jerry’s- I never went there. Too much other food to fit it in.

Sprinkles- this is the frozen yogurt section on the pool deck. I had a few cones from there. It always had a line. It did move quickly and were very good.

Room service- never used it. I do know there is a charge only when you order late night. I think after midnight.

Dining Room- The food and service was great. I always found something to eat. Escargots try it. I mean it I tried it for the first time a couple years ago on a cruise and now love it. They served this the first formal night. Items from the menu that I enjoyed were the famous Vidalia onion tart, the risotto and of course the fisherman’s plate. The deserts were quite good also. I do not see how everyone talks about the food being bad. I love any food I do not have to prepare. The service was great and if there was something you didn’t like the waiters were very happy to bring you something else. I however never had a problem. I didn’t see a problem. Now to the dinner company. As said before we originally requested a table alone. The line to change tables was too long on night 1 so my husband convinced me to leave it as is. Our tablemates came late every night. Sometimes 1 hour late. When this happened we were left sitting and waiting for our next course because the waiters had to rush to get them their appetizers and entrees so they could finish quickly. Also they never cam dressed properly. One time one of them actually came in a bathing suit and a cover up. I mean are you serious. If I take the time to dress properly why should they be exempt? They also had no respect for the waiters and we felt embarrassed for the waiters at times. They did not carry themselves well and as the week went on it got worse. On the final night was the last straw. We ate quickly and tried not to engage in too much conversation. By the end we gave out our tip envelopes and left before my husband told them off. It was not a good table match.

We were not tablemates on this cruise :D.

Who was your waiter? On which dining room you were?

Which night was Lobster Night? Was is night San Juan Night or Labadee night?

Also, does anyone know about the "Bucket of Beer?" apparently you buy 8 bottles for $30 bucks, then get 8 refills for $25... and you get either a shoulder cooler or a plastic bucket.

Thanks in Advance. __________________

Also, does anyone know about the "Bucket of Beer?" apparently you buy 8 bottles for $30 bucks, then get 8 refills for $25... and you get either a shoulder cooler or a plastic bucket.

Lobster night was Grand Cayman night (thursday - 2nd formal night). This was the western route...

About the bucket of beer I saw that they were selling it but dont know anything about refill...

After the TIP it was almost $40.00 for the 8 beers. As I have said on other posts the special was only for BUD products. I bought 4 Michalob Ultra and 4 Bud Limes. The refill after the TIP for 8 more was almost $30.00.

Hi, we are going on the Liberty in 10 days... Hope you don't mind I have 2 questions... well to start anyways...

DId you have to pay for the FloRider?

And is there a dock at Labadee or did you have to tender in?

I heard they had put a dock there but wondered if you could confirm it.

Your review is great and making me look forward to our trip even more!

THanks!

Hi, we are going on the Liberty in 10 days... Hope you don't mind I have 2 questions... well to start anyways...

DId you have to pay for the FloRider?

And is there a dock at Labadee or did you have to tender in?

I heard they had put a dock there but wondered if you could confirm it.

Your review is great and making me look forward to our trip even more!

THanks!

Thought I would jump in and answer. The flowrider is free and the ship docks in Labadee although if there is more than one ship in port that could change. I'm not sure how many the dock could accomodate (looks like it could handle two). Bon Voyage!

Archived