Just back from Oasis 8-28 sailing

chazg

we were on Oasis April 24 sailing. There definitely was a Sail A Way Party on the Pool Deck. Steel Drum Band played. Perhaps OP was busy doing something else ? Hope that they are not changing this -going again Oct 30 - Can't wait.

We asked the CD Staff and they said that they don't have them any longer. I hope in your case she was wrong but we went up on deck as soon as the Muster Drill was over and no party to be found.

We were on the cruise as well and share some of the same observations:

1) Pool Deck was so slippery - saw quite a few people fall. Instead of monitoring for chairs hogs, pool attendants were busy squeegieing (sp) the deck.

2) Windjammer - way too crowded and food up and till Thursday when it improved was luke warm at best.

3) Disembarkation after 8am was the worst out of all the trips I have taken. Only 4 Passport inspectors assigned to the US Citizen desks.

4) Elevators were not necessarily slow for us but we had several times were we tried to go down to say a lower deck only to get to that deck but doors not open and instead we go back up to 17.

5) Shows were best I have seen on any cruise - A+

6) Pool deck seemed more crowded than on any other ship I have sailed.

7) Solarium was like being in a greenhouse - way too hot. Need to install some ceiling fans to keep air moving

8) No issues with cabin storage - in fact liked the cabins

9) MDR food (I know this is subjective) was actually quite good. Our wait staff was probably the best we have ever had - Terrence and Anderson.

10) Thought the ship was the most beautiful and elegant of all RCCL Ships - lots of architectural and design details that were both inspired and innovative.

11) Really need to do B2Bs on these ships to really experience all that they have to offer.

12) Flowriders are awesome

13) 150 Central Park was great and Giovannis (again subjective) bests Portofinos

14) Can't wait to go back....

We are sailing on October 23rd and got an email from Royal - and Richard will be our cruise director - we've never had him before so longing forward to him:)

Good news! When you said you sent an email to RCI, was this the general email address located on the RCI contact page, and if so, how long did it take to receive a reply.

I have some questions that I could not find answers to on these forums.

TIA (Thanks in advance)

I have a question for those who just got off the Oasis. Was the a/c working. I'm hearing from someone who is on the Oasis now and he is complaining that the whole ship is hot. Please tell me this is not so!

Was your cabin hot, was the inside venue areas hot?????:confused: Did anyone experience any of these issues?

I keep my house COLD... so for me I thought the room was HOT especially during the day -It could be it is turned down assuming you are off the boat or roaming - but could just be the heat coming in from the Balcony.

NOT sure but hated my room during the morning and day - at night it did cool down say about 7pm so I was good sleeping.

I thought the same in the hallways too.. cooler at night than during the day - and the gym always felt to warm for that area.

Disembarkement- went okay for us. we had a excursion for port everglades so we went off about 8:15 with explorations -down to the luggage got ours and went to the 1 line for us citizens.. that moved pretty well less than 15 min total to get outside.. If you weren't a us citizen I felt pitty for you those lines were HUGH!

My husband has some health issues and if all is good at the end of the month after surgery we can book another one.. can't wait.

We were on the cruise as well and share some of the same observations:

1) Pool Deck was so slippery - saw quite a few people fall. Instead of monitoring for chairs hogs, pool attendants were busy squeegieing (sp) the deck.

2) Windjammer - way too crowded and food up and till Thursday when it improved was luke warm at best.

3) Disembarkation after 8am was the worst out of all the trips I have taken. Only 4 Passport inspectors assigned to the US Citizen desks.

4) Elevators were not necessarily slow for us but we had several times were we tried to go down to say a lower deck only to get to that deck but doors not open and instead we go back up to 17.

5) Shows were best I have seen on any cruise - A+

6) Pool deck seemed more crowded than on any other ship I have sailed.

7) Solarium was like being in a greenhouse - way too hot. Need to install some ceiling fans to keep air moving

8) No issues with cabin storage - in fact liked the cabins

9) MDR food (I know this is subjective) was actually quite good. Our wait staff was probably the best we have ever had - Terrence and Anderson.

10) Thought the ship was the most beautiful and elegant of all RCCL Ships - lots of architectural and design details that were both inspired and innovative.

11) Really need to do B2Bs on these ships to really experience all that they have to offer.

12) Flowriders are awesome

13) 150 Central Park was great and Giovannis (again subjective) bests Portofinos

14) Can't wait to go back....

I see you liked your cabins, some people complaining about space, but sure your cabin is empty most of the time anyway? Where were ye located? Any noise problems? Am excited to see the "secret" viewing decks on the different floors, alot of cruisers are talking about them!!

I see you liked your cabins, some people complaining about space, but sure your cabin is empty most of the time anyway? Where were ye located? Any noise problems? Am excited to see the "secret" viewing decks on the different floors, alot of cruisers are talking about them!!

We were on Deck 12 - 12670 - no noise... and I was surprised as we were right outside from a stairwell lobby.

There was two of us in the cabin with our bed nearest the balcony and we connected to another cabin where the bed was nearest to the closet. Definately liked the bed nearest the balcony... made the room feel bigger. Storage wise we didn't have a problem... but we travel fairly light with one medium size suitcase each. I saw lots of people with multiple bags and can see how storage might be an issue.

One of the quietest places was the back of the running track (Deck 5) below the Aqua Theatre - there are some chairs there and was very nice to sit and watch the wake.

I have a question for those who just got off the Oasis. Was the a/c working. I'm hearing from someone who is on the Oasis now and he is complaining that the whole ship is hot. Please tell me this is not so!

Was your cabin hot, was the inside venue areas hot?????:confused: Did anyone experience any of these issues?

There were two places I'd say it was hot.... select elevators and the Solarium. AC would have only benefitted the elevators.

The Solarium was just hot due to it being basically a green house. While the glass roof is staggered to create open spaces for wind to travel through... there was just so little wind (only about 4 knots) that the air was just stagnant and hot.

I found everywhere else to be comfortable. Not sure if anyone else noticed but in Central Park they have large Air conditioning vents along several parts of the walls. Look for the plants to be moving -- nice place to stand and enjoy CP.

Watch out for the Master switch on the wall, I turned it the wrong way when we came in and shut the air off - very bad, took until about 8PM for the room to cool off. I found sometimes part of hallways by elevators were hot. Funny, we were in 12674! We had the bed by the closet, not a lot of room to get in and out. We didn't spend a lot of time in the Solarium, but I didn't find it to be that hot. The pool deck was VERY slippery, also Central Park when it rained.

Watch out for the Master switch on the wall, I turned it the wrong way when we came in and shut the air off - very bad, took until about 8PM for the room to cool off. I found sometimes part of hallways by elevators were hot. Funny, we were in 12674! We had the bed by the closet, not a lot of room to get in and out. We didn't spend a lot of time in the Solarium, but I didn't find it to be that hot. The pool deck was VERY slippery, also Central Park when it rained.

You were our neighbors then because we connected to 12672. Saw you all out on the balcony several times.

How funny.

Archived