Just back from Oasis 8-28 sailing

chazg

Hopefully I can get a review together, but there is a lot of things to write about. As others have said, there is no way to see and do everything unless you have a few weeks to spare. You kinda have to pick and choose based on you likes or dislikes.

A few things to note:

Richard Spacey - Still one of the best CD's on the water

Dining Room - Tables very close together on deck 3. Hard to move around

Shows - Hairspray, Ice Show, Splish Splash, Comedy Shows Great

Food - Generally very good, Chops A+, Roast Beef in CP Cafe was good but the roll was a bit too salty, Izumi for lunch was suprisingly good

Solarium - Great place until night fall then it gets very loud due to the dance partys

Cabins - CP Balcony and Views, not enough storage space

Things I miss:

Sail Away Party on Pool Deck

Buffet on Pool Deck

Omlettes in the Windjammer Cafe

Doing Muster with Life Jacket (Only Kidding)

I also heard that there were some passengers taken off the ship in Costa Maya. Anyone else hear or see that?

If you have any questions I will try to answer them for you.

Do you have any idea how much longer Richard Spacey will remain on the ship? I'm sure he'll probably leave a week before our Oct. 9 cruise - I always seem to miss him as CD by a week or two.

I'm not sure , but there is a listing somewhere on the forum, but I can't seem to locate it. If I find it I will post a link to it.

I'm not sure , but there is a listing somewhere on the forum, but I can't seem to locate it. If I find it I will post a link to it.

Carol can confirm, but we were told that Richard would be on for 5 more weeks (although it might have been 3 weeks ... I was in a deep depression at the time we were asked because we were disembarking from this wonderful ship :().

Hopefully I can get a review together, but there is a lot of things to write about. As others have said, there is no way to see and do everything unless you have a few weeks to spare. You kinda have to pick and choose based on you likes or dislikes.

A few things to note:

Richard Spacey - Still one of the best CD's on the water

Dining Room - Tables very close together on deck 3. Hard to move around

Shows - Hairspray, Ice Show, Splish Splash, Comedy Shows Great

Food - Generally very good, Chops A+, Roast Beef in CP Cafe was good but the roll was a bit too salty, Izumi for lunch was suprisingly good

Solarium - Great place until night fall then it gets very loud due to the dance partys

Cabins - CP Balcony and Views, not enough storage space

Things I miss:

Sail Away Party on Pool Deck

Buffet on Pool Deck

Omlettes in the Windjammer Cafe

Doing Muster with Life Jacket (Only Kidding)

I also heard that there were some passengers taken off the ship in Costa Maya. Anyone else hear or see that?

If you have any questions I will try to answer them for you.

This will be our first RC cruise and we were torn as to where to be during sailaway, and you are telling me there is no SAIL AWAY PARTY?? :( Is this on all RC ships?

This will be our first RC cruise and we were torn as to where to be during sailaway, and you are telling me there is no SAIL AWAY PARTY?? :( Is this on all RC ships?

No this only applies to Oasis, primarily because of the number of passengers on board. It would also be very difficult to do because of the way the pool deck is laid out. The largest space for partying is at the Royal Promenade.

Chazr,

I noticed that you had a Central Park Balcony.

We have the same on Deck 12 How did you like this category? Was privacy an issue?

Thanks

We loved it. When the balcony door was closed it was very quiet. It was as private as any promenade cabin would be. If you leave your curtains open people will be able to see into your cabin.

No this only applies to Oasis, primarily because of the number of passengers on board. It would also be very difficult to do because of the way the pool deck is laid out. The largest space for partying is at the Royal Promenade.

Thank you.

We loved it. When the balcony door was closed it was very quiet. It was as private as any promenade cabin would be. If you leave your curtains open people will be able to see into your cabin.

I am happy to hear that you loved the cabin. I have one booked on Deck 11 for October 16, and chose it because it was something different (you can have an ocean view from every other ship, but this is unique). The latest posts about ocean view balcony v. CP balcony had me concerned that I had made a mistake. Is there anybody else who booked a CP balcony who would recommend it?

So what do they do during sail-a-way?? Nothing special? I always look forward to the little dance party on pool deck.

Irene

Most of the PAX are in such awe at the ship that they don't even realize she is moving, LOL!

We found the "secret" area on Deck 14 just above the bridge to watch her leave the port. There where quite a few people there but not overly crowded. There are also 2 sightseeing type Binoculars on each side of the ship.

The Parade on the promenade followed soon after we set sail. I assume in lieu of a Sail Away party

I am happy to hear that you loved the cabin. I have one booked on Deck 11 for October 16, and chose it because it was something different (you can have an ocean view from every other ship, but this is unique). The latest posts about ocean view balcony v. CP balcony had me concerned that I had made a mistake. Is there anybody else who booked a CP balcony who would recommend it?

I used to be worried but it seems that 95% of the negatives are from people who have never been in a Central Park balcony. They just like claiming that you'll hate it and it'll be like a hotel lobby!! I'm looking forward to it sooooo much in 61 days!! :D

We were on that sailing too. Wonder if the people removed in Costa Maya were the 3 families announced at dinner time... if not I wonder if we left them on the island..

I know we had a medical emergency in Nassua that is why we pulled out and back right into another dock..

I agree room space is way too small we had a D4. more storage is needed. my other complaint is the elevators they are soooo slow.

I know alot of floors to cover but man they are NOT efficient.

Also I don't know about other dates of sailings but English was not in the top 3 languages spoken on this cruise. lOL..

We did notice the rocking after leaving Nassau that night.. not bad but we were rocking after that it was smooth sailing..

can't wait to book again and go back on.

We were on that sailing too. Wonder if the people removed in Costa Maya were the 3 families announced at dinner time... if not I wonder if we left them on the island..

I know we had a medical emergency in Nassua that is why we pulled out and back right into another dock..

I agree room space is way too small we had a D4. more storage is needed. my other complaint is the elevators they are soooo slow.

I know alot of floors to cover but man they are NOT efficient.

Also I don't know about other dates of sailings but English was not in the top 3 languages spoken on this cruise. lOL..

We did notice the rocking after leaving Nassau that night.. not bad but we were rocking after that it was smooth sailing..

can't wait to book again and go back on.

Some one saw them getting off the ship with thier luggage with a not so happy look on their faces. What was the announcement at dinner?

As far as the rocking, I'm assuming the stablizers where not being used so that they could make the push to make it to Costa Maya on time.

At dinner they announced names from the same families, thought they just weren't back onboard yet. Wonder what was wrong with the man on the stretcher in Nassau??? Also saw a girl almost passed out before getting on the ship, don't know what happened to her. Agree, not much English and elevators were slow and about cabin space, we had a D4. We still loved the ship and the cruise. Oh, also, pool deck was very slippery, why not put indoor/outdoor carpet like on the Explorer??? Also Central Park after any kind of rain. Only felt the ship move once, the rest of the time it was as smooth as glass.

I heard there were some issues with disembarkation (being very slow). Did you experience this? How long did it take?

There where some issues after 9:00 am and things where a bit slow, so it took us about 30 Minutes to get out of the pier.

Archived