Water park on Madeira island anyone been

Hi all im doing a transatlantic cruise in october and on the way we stop at Madeira island ive researched the island and found what looks like an excellent day out for the family which is the aquapark has anyone been ive watched a few vids on youtube looks just the thing for my children to let off steam.

We stayed in Madeira for a week in July, and my niece took her kids (ages 5 and 7) for the day and they had a blast! Lots of fun, VERY reasonable, and about a 20 minute ride from Funchal. The small village of Santa Cruz (where we rented an apartment) is where the water park is located, and is a 5-10 minute walk from the water park. It has numerous restaurants and is absolutely beautiful along the ocean. After exiting the water park, just head (walk) towards the water and turn left along the waterfront and you will come to the center of the village. I hope your kids enjoy the day!

Per the website, adults are 6.5 Euros, children (5-12) are 4 euros, under 4 and over 65 are free. It is open from 10am to 6 pm.

A fantastic website for all things Madeira is http://www.love-madeira.com You may want to plan an extended visit there someday as there is so much to see and do...and don't forget to eventually visit the Azores, the most beautiful destination on earth!

Archived