AMA WATERWAYS Blue Danube Amacello 10/29/10-11/11/10

s2c4r5a4p

I am puzzled! We are booked on AMAwaterways' Legendary Danube from Prague to Budapest 10/21/10-11/1/10, also on the Amacello (so we thought). The ship couldn't be sailing both up and down the river at the same time, could it? We better check this out.

Hi Dover II,

Indeed you will be departing the morning of November 1st and I will be arriving the afternoon of November 1st for my cruise. That's too bad, it was a toss up for me, as to which week I would go and decided on the Blue Danube because it was 14 days instead of 12. Anyway I hope you have a great cruise, I so wished it would have worked out. I am worried that no CC members are joining me, but I'm sure I will have a delightful time even if they don't. Thanks again and have a wonderful cruise.

Hi gwen511, I am delighted to hear that you and your Mom will be joining me on this cruise. Are you flying directly into Budapest on November 1st to catch the ship? If so where are you flying from? I am leaving from Los Angeles and am doing the pre and post stay. I am disappointed you will not be staying for Prague but I truly understand, I was just appointed today by the board that I sit on, to attempt to make one of our enterprises profitable by the end of the year or they close. Terrible timing with this cruise in the middle of it, but it needs to be done. Again gwen511 I am excited to meet you and your Mom!

Janet

Just got back doing Blue Danube...Budapest to Prague...you will love it. It was our 2nd river cruise, 1st with AMA Waterways. If we did it again we would breakaway from the tour groups on go off on our own. They move too slow for us. But the history you learn is probably well worth hanging around.

The ship staff was the best I have ever come across.

No real complaints about the food. I would give it a 4 out of 5. They do very well for a small galley to cook from.

Yes! the ship does close down by about 10:30pm..only a few stay up. Everyone goes to bed. Matiesta plays the piano by himself most nights..Not much to do during the day but relax and enjoy if there are no ports to stop at.

You have internet and TV in your room. It was down more then it was up. We did not have much time to watch it anyways. But they have wi-fi throughout the ship. You just need the password from the front desk.

Bring warm clothes and rain gear. There is lots of umbrellas, one in each room.

Enjoy.

And I would like to add another good word for the Amacello. We just returned last night from a cruise from Trier to Nuremberg. The scenery along the Mosel and Main Rivers is plush from all of the rain this summer and you will not find a better crew who delight in serving you. There are two young ladies who bake the cakes and pastries as well as the outstanding breads every single day. Watch for the large "slice it yourself" loaf on the table by the entrance. We had instances when the Internet was out for brief periods but I would say that we were always able to check our email. I know of no other cruise line that provides an Internet connection for free! We are already looking at the catalog for our next trip with AMA. They are a first class operation. Clarence:)

Hello Porky113 and Clarence, thanks so much for you insight. Porky good to know that things are still great on the Amacello and thanks for the heads up on the warm clothes and Clarence I agree that the Mosel is so beautiful. I was on the same trip from Trier to Nuremburg in October 2009 on the Amacello. That is what convinced me to go on this cruise and I felt that it would be a good cruise for a first time solo cruise. I also agree that AMA waterways is first class. Thanks for taking the time to help us out.

Janet

Janet

We are flying out of Buffalo a couple of days before the cruise, but did not book through AMA. I booked cruise directly with AMA and they have been very helpful so far, including making suggestions for our short stay in Budapest. We fly directly home at conclusion of cruise on the 8th.

Looking forward to meeting you also.

Janet

We are flying out of Buffalo a couple of days before the cruise, but did not book through AMA. I booked cruise directly with AMA and they have been very helpful so far, including making suggestions for our short stay in Budapest. We fly directly home at conclusion of cruise on the 8th.

Looking forward to meeting you also.

We are doing this cruise in late Nov. and booked through an on line TA. How can we get in touch with AMA directtly? I want to find out about the shore excursions and what are the optional ones.

Thanks,

Ruth;)

Archived