Diamond Princess: request for exterior photos near the front

lisah168

I am looking for good exterior photos with some details that show the tenders in the front, especially those showing the area between the third and fourth tenders to help me figure out what kind of view cabin E231 has. If you are going on a Diamond Princess cruise soon, could you take some zoomed-in pictures in these areas? Thanks in advance!

I am looking for good exterior photos with some details that show the tenders in the front, especially those showing the area between the third and fourth tenders to help me figure out what kind of view cabin E231 has. If you are going on a Diamond Princess cruise soon, could you take some zoomed-in pictures in these areas? Thanks in advance!

It is my experience that the deck plans are very accurate. The boats near the front of the Diamond Princess are lifeboats and are smaller (less tall) than the tenders which are stored toward the aft of the ship. I have many photos of the Sapphire Princess, but none are taken head-on to where you want to see. It certainly appears from the deck plans that E231 is between lifeboats and you should definitely have sunlight, but there may be a platform there too.

Of all the bad luck, I have about 60 photos of the Diamond exterior and not a single one shows the area between life boats 3 and 4 where E231 is. There's always an angle to the shot that blocks that area in my collection... Oh well, I'll be back on the Diamond in a few months, have to remember to take some more shots of her.

Many thanks! From the deck plan it does look like this will be in between two lifeboats. I was just trying to see how much of the view will be blocked by the platform.

My trip won't take place until Jan 2012. I would really appreciate if you or anyone else can take some exterior pictures of the ship so we can make an educated decision in choosing obstructed oceanview cabins.

Thanks Rick! Although Golden Princess has a slightly different deck plan from Diamond, the cabin locations are similar for E231 and this gives me a pretty good idea of what to expect. If our view is similar to this, I will be totally OK with it. :)

Archived