Dinner reservations for specialty restaurants necessary?

Toothferry

Will I be able to eat in the specialty restaurants without a reservation? I hate to plan my whole week out. I would rather decide each day where we will eat. Thanks:)

I have in the past (not on the EPIC of course) on the Pearl & Sky been able to walk up and get a table without a reservation. However I also have been unable to get reservations 2 days in advance for specialty restaurants so it is hit or miss! Even on smaller ships than EPIC they recommend reservations! Good Luck!

Will I be able to eat in the specialty restaurants without a reservation? I hate to plan my whole week out. I would rather decide each day where we will eat. Thanks:)

You actually NEVER have to have a reservation to eat in any restaurant...that is a choice under freestyle. However, as everyone knows, not having a reservation also means that you run the risk of there not being an available table at the time you choose to dine OR you run the risk of having to wait to be seated depending on the number of other diners who are at the restaurant at the same time as you are.

Not having a schedule means FLEXIBILITY is a must.

Our ourt 8/7 Western you either needed a reservation or dine at 9:30 or later. Shangai was never filled, the rest were a must. Same with the Ice Bar-all reservations were gone by Sunday.

Plan out your week in advance if you want to eat at the specialties. But you can plan it the first day on board and get mostly what you want.

Last week we ate in La Cucina, Le Bistro and Moderno. Only Le Bistro was full so the other 2 would have been able to accomodate you. Also there is usually space at all the specialty restaurants the first night as everyone is still finding their way around the ship.

Archived