Another dining question...

Bookworm1985

I have been on one cruise before, but it was way back in 2006, and I did NONE of the planning (My husband, then just my boyfriend, had to go to bootcamp, so his parents invited me to go in his place as they had already paid for him to go) and just went with whatever my in'laws were doing. This time around, I am doing all of the planning for nine people. I was just reading a post about a cruiser that was worried because they had three people and knew that they were at a four person table. My question after reading that post is how are they going to seat us? Is there tables that will fit nine people, or will be have to be at two tables? I am cruising on the Carnival Glory, and we were all booked for late dining at I think 830. Should I call Carnival and ask them?

No worries...they will NOT seat 1 lone person at a group table. You will most likely be at a 10 top, with a chair removed. The "worst case scenario" will be at a 12 top...with 3 others...but that's HIGHLY unlikely.

You will NOT be at 2 tables.

As long as your booking/reservation numbers are "linked"....you're good to go.

Being with others isn't a problem for me...it was more that I want the nine of us together. It is a predeployment trip for my husband, so being together with friends and family is very important. If others are with us, that is perfectly fine. I just didn't know if they had tables large enough for nine people.

Thanks for letting me know!

Being with others isn't a problem for me...it was more that I want the nine of us together. It is a predeployment trip for my husband, so being together with friends and family is very important. If others are with us, that is perfectly fine. I just didn't know if they had tables large enough for nine people.

Thanks for letting me know!

If your cabin reservations are linked together, you should be together for dinner. But to be on the safer side, specifically have who ever you booked with (TA or Carnival) make a note that everyone is to dine together. There may be a 10-top, but the largest I've seen is usually 8. That doesn't mean they won't make it happen. When you board the ship, go to the MDR you'lll be in and find the maitre d' to make sure you all are together. If not, he can fix it. But do this when you board - not later.

Make sure the TA or cruiseline link everyone's reservation. We've only had that screwed up one time and the Dining Room Manager quickly took care of that when we boarded. We've had a table for 10, with 9 in our party before and we always get a table for 10 with one chair removed. We've never once been disappointed in the table. We choose Traditional Dining because they have a large table waiting on us and it simplifies dining with a large group.

I was on the RCCL Splendour of the Seas. There were 13 in our group. The seated us at 2 tables for 6, with 7 of us at one of the tables. This was VERY CROWDED and I was very disappointed. So, warning, they might put you at a table for 8 and add a chair. I hope not.

Make sure the TA or cruiseline link everyone's reservation. We've only had that screwed up one time and the Dining Room Manager quickly took care of that when we boarded. We've had a table for 10, with 9 in our party before and we always get a table for 10 with one chair removed. We've never once been disappointed in the table. We choose Traditional Dining because they have a large table waiting on us and it simplifies dining with a large group.

what ship was this??

On this class ship the biggest table I have seen is for 8. and if its all 8 adults-- adding one more person could be squished together. Putting one person at the end-- that person will always be in the way-- and getting "hit" throughout the night while people move up and down the isle with food. or to exit the dining room.

I agree with the people above-- make sure that ALL reservations are LINKED together-

Archived