EOS Room 6604

handwcruisers

Hi, I am looking for anyone who might of stayed in Explorer HC Room 6604. Hoping you can tell me if the room has a ramp or no lip into the bathroom and out to the balcony. The last time we cruised was last year on Radiance and they had a raised floor ramp into the bathroom and it was very hard to move around in the room, but the ship before just had flat floors with no lip. Thanks

I stayed in 7604 (I am pretty sure that was the number) on Explorer in 2004 and it was fine. I use a wheelchair full time and I don't remember any type of lip or sills on any of the doors on that ship. The balcony was fine and the bathroom was good as well. :) There may have been a small incline into the bathroom, but I don't think there was much if anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Chollachick,

Thanks for the infor I am getting very excited about going next month. It's nice to know that there is not lots of raised area like there was on Radiance. Thanks

If I was you, I would call to see if my room could be switched to the 7th floor. The 6th floor has steel balconies and the 7th floor has plexiglass -- difference in seeing the water from the wheelchair/chair/scooter.

Other than that, the Explorer is a wonderful accessible ship. Vicki:)

Archived