sushi on the summit

mgmigs

i have sushi fairly often. i have found that i cannot eat the sushi on rccl :eek:, the suhi on ncl is very good :D and the sushi on carnival is okay. can you tell me what the sushi is like on the summit? is there a charge?

I can't speak to the sushi specifically on Summit, but I've had the sushi on Solstice. I thought the sushi (available in the evening in the buffet area) was only ok. It was very basic and quite limited.

However, the sushi in Silk Harvest was very very good! It almost seemed that they purposely limited the free sushi to encourage people to eat at Silk Harvest. Summit doesn't have a Silk Harvest restaurant, so perhaps the free sushi offerings are better.

The sushi on the Summit on our Feb 2010 was okay to good, depending on what you chose. It was complimentary and available each late afternoon (ie. perfect for cocktail hour for us late seating folks) at the very back of the buffet just before the doors out to the aft bar.

The California Rolls were clearly made with canned crab, but I thought the salmon and tuna were quite good. I also really enjoyed the eel.

Food is subjective, so I can’t say if you will like or dislike what will be on your cruise since one person's version of great food is another person's garbage.

Take a look at the food photos from our Infinity Alaska cruise last year. They had free sushi typically in the evenings as well as special events like welcome back party for repeat passengers and seafood brunch the day of glacier viewing.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574262235wsRMGp?start=0

Food is subjective, so I can’t say if you will like or dislike what will be on your cruise since one person's version of great food is another person's garbage.

Take a look at the food photos from our Infinity Alaska cruise last year. They had free sushi typically in the evenings as well as special events like welcome back party for repeat passengers and seafood brunch the day of glacier viewing.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574262235wsRMGp?start=0

those food shots look fantastic. looks like we will be gaining weight on this cruise for sure.

i have sushi fairly often. i have found that i cannot eat the sushi on rccl :eek:, the suhi on ncl is very good :D and the sushi on carnival is okay. can you tell me what the sushi is like on the summit? is there a charge?

We were aboard the recent 8/29 Summit Sailing and were very impressed with the sushi at the Waterfall Cafe. We order sushi frequently in New York City and found the various offerings aboard the Summit to be extremely fresh and tasty.

Some of the pieces included spicy tuna, salmon with cream cheese and eel. We complemented the Sushi Chefs for their fine work and were pleased to sample these delicous morsels throughout our voyage.

Jonathan

Archived