Check out this Heavy Seas footage.....

bguppies

I know this wrong, 11 days before we cruise, but this video footage is pretty crazy....

On August 1, the Pacific Sun ran into a heavy storm 400 miles north of New Zealand, hitting 25-foot-tall waves and 50-knot winds. Its 1732 passengers weren't prepared to endure the madness that ensued. Absolutely crazy.

The video seems like a slapstick comedy until you see people smacking against columns and walls. However, they were lucky: After returning to Auckland from its eight-night trip to the Vanuatu islands, only 42 passengers were injured.

http://gizmodo.com/5632159/this-is-how-a-heavy-storm-looks-inside-a-cruise-liner

Glad Carnival steers clear of this stuff. (knock on wood)

Bill

So, its already posted,I hadnt seen it.(Why do people feel the need to do that?)

We will be on the Fantasy with you,hope we dont run into that kind of stuff!

Seems strange how they miss the other topic since its on the main page with the other topics. Maybe like 10-20 or so down the list..

Hey Bill,

The Pacific Sun used to be the Carnival ship Jubilee. It is owned by P & O Cruises which in turn is owned by Carnival Corporation. Carnival Corporation also owns Carnival Cruiselines.

Dave

Thanks.

I think I'll neglect to tell my wife that part when I show her this later.

:D

Bill

I know this wrong, 11 days before we cruise, but this video footage is pretty crazy....

http://gizmodo.com/5632159/this-is-how-a-heavy-storm-looks-inside-a-cruise-liner

Bill

Thanks for posting this, that was some crazy stuff going on there! I have the theme from Gilligan's Island running through my head!

I hadn't seen the prior thread, so for me it was new.

I am sure I miss a lot of interesting info because it gets buried before I get back to the boards.....

I would rather have this stuff twice than miss it altogether...

Thanks for posting.... that was incredible!...

now you know why the tables are bolted to the floor in the dining rooms!

That was the scariest part, when that ship's officer catches the blonde lady and holds her to the column, then they have to dodge the pile of chairs coming at them when the ships lists the other way.....

Bill

I hadn't seen the prior thread, so for me it was new.

I am sure I miss a lot of interesting info because it gets buried before I get back to the boards.....

I would rather have this stuff twice than miss it altogether...

I hadnt seen it either. I am also one of those people that gets the benefits of stuff being posted twice!

Thanks for posting! A little scary since I will be on a cruise in 12 days:eek:

Likewise, been there, done that. A north Atlantic westbound crossing in a October hurricane on a 10,000 ton converted troop ship in 1948. I was 10 years old and not old enough to be scared. Steamer trunks went from one side of the room to the other for about 10 days on a 11 day crossing. I tried to play ping pong with another kid but the legs on the table kept collapsing so we gave up. If you wanted food you had to go to the galley and they would make you a sandwich. They couldn't keep a pot on a stove. When you walked down a passageway you had to put one foot on the wall and one on the floor and a moment later go to the other wall and a foot on the floor. You could feel the propeller come out of the water and shake the ship. Quite an experience that I don't think I would want to do again.

Bill

Wow!!! I hadn't seen this! That poor lady towards the end of the clip....she smacked right into that column!!:eek::(

I appreciate the post as well.......there are some people on here who have nothing better to do than be overly critical! I know everytime I post a question I feel I have to appologize for posting for fear of "double posting" :eek:something......Not everyone has time to scroll through every single page of these boards B-4 posting.......I thought these were for finding and sharing info on the thing most of us love........If you can't be nice then don't comment! SORRY about my mini rant.......I am sure I will take Flack for for this but just had to say it!

So all that being said THANKS again for the post!!!

Don't ever want to see seas like that!

Archived