10th Birthday on Liberty of the Seas

earn

Our youngest son will celebrate his 10th birthday on out first TA cruise next year. It will be the first sea day and he will likely be at the kids club for most of it. Does anyone know if the kids club will recognise his birthday? I am not looking for him to receive anything, but would like them at least to know so that they could have everyone sing happy birthday. Will I need to tell them?

Can anyone think of anything else we could organise to make his day special. We are coming from Scotland, and spending some time in Florida pre cruise, so space for big presents is a bit of an issue. I thought a big sundae at Ben & Jerry's would be an idea and perhaps Johnny Rockets.

All suggestions welcome.

Our youngest son will celebrate his 10th birthday on out first TA cruise next year. It will be the first sea day and he will likely be at the kids club for most of it. Does anyone know if the kids club will recognise his birthday? I am not looking for him to receive anything, but would like them at least to know so that they could have everyone sing happy birthday. Will I need to tell them?

Can anyone think of anything else we could organise to make his day special. We are coming from Scotland, and spending some time in Florida pre cruise, so space for big presents is a bit of an issue. I thought a big sundae at Ben & Jerry's would be an idea and perhaps Johnny Rockets.

All suggestions welcome.

We haven't been on board for a birthday celebration, so I can't answer the first questions. But some suggestions for a birthday:

Dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. Although you can't prebook with a 10 year old, you can book on board for times before 7 p.m.

Private flowrider lesson. If I were 10 - or even 20, I'd love that.

If you tell them it's your son's b-day, they will likely recognize it. Same for the dining room. But, you HAVE to let them know. Just because they noted it on your booking, doesn't mean they'll do anything.

You can purchase a special cake to be delivered wherever....dinner, cabin, (maybe kids club....not sure about that...check on it!)

Thanks folks. I will make sure they know. Seems a shame that he will spend most of his birthday away from us, as being the first sea day he will probably want to max out at the club. I suppose if he was at school that day it would be no different. Sadly he is more Johnny Rockets than Chops, but if it was his brother birthday that would really hit the spot!

My son celebrated his 7th birthday on LOS back in July. Here is what we did:

Brought decorations - our cabin stewart decorated the room while we exploring the ship. We brought our own. They also offer those bday celebration packages online and they will decorate and put a sign on the cabin door.

I made him a shirt that said "Today is my 7th Birthday". That was the best! Every crew member we encountered talk to him about his birthday. Other passengers wished him happy birthday. He really felt special.

They knew at the kids club and wished him happy birthday, but I don't think they actually did anything special.

Tell the maitre 'd and the waiter. The maitre 'd on our cruise took care of everything and brought a whole crew of waiters over to sing. It was awesome.

We were on board when DD celebrated #8 (she'll be 15 in a few days so that was a while ago!)

We brought some decorations, and decorated the room -- balloons and a sign and some crepe paper took very little room. We did bring some small gifts and created an on-board treasure hunt for her. I went out in front arranging for each hint a just in front of her and her father. I had wrapped each of her small gifts separately and placed them in an elaborately decorated gift bag.

She did not want to wear a t-shirt with b-day greetings on it, but did say it was ok to tell the waiter. We had ordered a cake but the waiter (with who she had kind of "bonded" partly because he had a DD back home the same age) had them send it to the room and he put together a special treat for her.

While the kids club did not really do anything special (beyond wishing her a happy b-day and announcing it to the other kids) we did bring some special pencils to pass out to her friends (Wisconsin Badger pencils). They were cheap and easy to bring with and it made her feel special.

Happy B-day to your DS (whenever your cruise is) and I hope you all have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

we are going on a cruise for or sons 16th bday and we thought we would get him a visa gift card that we would put on his sail card so if he sees something he wants or there is something he wants to do (video games ....) then he can just use the card. We did the same thing when we wnet to a lodge 2 yrs ago for his bday (except there was no card it was on a bracelet thyat was the room key. ) and he loved the independence and you dont have to worry that he can over charge whren the moneys gone its gome.

Archived