Manzanillo Sports Bar?

cascole

kind of a tall order. Manzanillo is a working port city, and USA football fans are few and far between. The cruise line runs a shuttle to the nearby shopping area. There you could likely find football in a bar/cafe/hotel. The nicer tourist areas are far north towards Satiago Bay, if you want more luxury with your football. You might try posting to trip advisor. Snowbirds that season in Manzanillo will be there.

The best part about the "near to ship" shopping area, is the fish statue below

IMG_3202.jpg

Manzanilloarea.jpg

• 1 month later...

The only place I can think of off the top of my head that will most likely be showing American Football is Senor Jalapenos. It is a sports bar and has several big screens. It's on the main BLVD through the tourist part of town just across the street from the Soriana store.

Other possibilities may be Juanito's Restraunt which will be showing games but they are only able to serve beer. El Hoyo 19 but I don't know if they have TV's or when they open. There's several other hole in the wall places that will be showing games but typically only serve beer.

I haven't been inside the 3 big hotels (Karmina Palace, Tesoro, Las Hadas) to see if they have sports bar areas. If they do it might be a chance to mix a relaxing beach day with football.

I'll try to ask around and maybe check out a couple of these places in the next day or two for you. Typically I just head over to a friends place to watch the games because the beer is cheaper (free) :D

LoboMX

The only place I can think of off the top of my head that will most likely be showing American Football is Senor Jalapenos. It is a sports bar and has several big screens. It's on the main BLVD through the tourist part of town just across the street from the Soriana store.

Other possibilities may be Juanito's Restraunt which will be showing games but they are only able to serve beer. El Hoyo 19 but I don't know if they have TV's or when they open. There's several other hole in the wall places that will be showing games but typically only serve beer.

I haven't been inside the 3 big hotels (Karmina Palace, Tesoro, Las Hadas) to see if they have sports bar areas. If they do it might be a chance to mix a relaxing beach day with football.

I'll try to ask around and maybe check out a couple of these places in the next day or two for you. Typically I just head over to a friends place to watch the games because the beer is cheaper (free) :D

LoboMX

Thanks LoboMX! I'm part of the group referenced by the OP and following this thread. If you happen to find out anything about the hotels, please let us know. I came across a little blurb on Senor Jalapenos just today, so funny that you also happened to post here. :)

We will be in Manzanillo on Thanksgiving day... there is a large group of us who MUST watch NFL... :D Does anyone know of a good sports bar in Manzanillo for american football?

What about just watching it on the ship? We watched the Superbowl a couple of years ago on a cruise.

Good luck and enjoy the cruise and game!

Toni

Here's an overview of Manzanillo and where some of the places are.

1288995996030495400.jpg

(unfortunately it's hard to read some of the numbers)

1: The port and most likely the place that you'll be docking.

2: The new cruise ship terminal and where you "should" be docking.

3: Senor Jalapenos

4: Barcelo Karmina Palace

5: Las Hadas Resort

6: Tesoro and La Audencia Beach

7: El Hoyo 19 and La Catrinas

8: Juanito's

Like I said before Senor Jalapeno's is about the only actual "Sports Bar" place we have here. When I asked around someone mentioned La Catrinas would probably be showing sports, which is right next to El Hoyo 19 which will probably be showing sports also.

I haven't gotten to check out the hotels yet. I'm pretty sure Las Hadas does not have a sports bar. I've also heard that the food at Karmina Palace is bad (from several sources) so I'm not going to recommend there (although their accomidations and beach are wonderful). I have customers coming that are staying at the Tesoro so I'll ask them tomorrow if there's anywhere in there that may be showing sports.

I also pointed out Juanito's since it's a landmark in the area and Juanito (John) the owner will most likely be there watching football himself. It's more of a low key family restaurant type atmosphere though. But they do serve beer.

LoboMX

Archived