Arubalisa....need some recommendations....

terboo

Arubalisa,

My husband and I will be vacationing in Aruba in October. Only a few weeks to go YIPPEE!!!!! Well we are both 34 and wanted to know what activities you recommended. We usually cruise but this year we are opting for a land vacation bc the cruises only dock in Aruba for a short time and we wanted to fully experience Aruba.

So far we were thinking of doing the Full day Jeep Tour through ABC. Is that cool?

My husband wants to waterski and tube (Delphi Watersports website). So we were thinking he could do that as I can't swim :(.

Do some shopping and that's all we could think of so far. We were thinking of taking the bus to get around. Is that cool or do you recommend taking a taxi?

We also wanted some dining recommendations. From cruisecritic I have jotted down the recommended grocery stores so we will probably eat in for breakfast, do whatever for lunch/snack but we wanted good dining options. We saw in someone's pictures eating on the beach...what restaurants offer that? Are they resonably priced?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Terboo

Terrie276@yahoo.com

Hi, Lisa is definitely the expert when it comes to Aruba. You should check out aruba.com/forum. You will get tons and tons of fantastic ideas. Lisa is a moderator on there and is on there just about every day, along with all of us Aruba addicts. Also, since we are both in the Richmond area, I can email you my phone number if you have any more questions. I spent 2 weeks there in Feb. and we are going back there this Feb. for 17 days. Love Aruba!!:)

:) I sent you an email Terrie.

Sorry I have not replied sooner. Dh broke his foot :(

Thank you for your kind words Hatteras. :)

Hi

I love your screen name!:) I am going to Aruba in October and will check out the other website mentioned here. Hope your DH feels better.

Hi

I love your screen name!:) I am going to Aruba in October and will check out the other website mentioned here. Hope your DH feels better.

Thank you, that is very thoughtful of you! :) Dh is fine as long as he does not over do it. ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi Arubalisa,

I know I should have posted earlier but better late than never!

I loved Aruba. It was the of my favorite islands on this cruise. We had plenty of time in the port, 8 am till 10.30 pm so we did a lot of things. Little bit of shopping, touring the island and the beach. The water is beautiful and the beach was heavenly! I would love to go back again!

Arzeena, you would not be the first person to have made their first visit to Aruba only to find themselves returning on a land vacation. :) Land vacations and cruise vacations each have their pro's and con's but there is only one Aruba. ;) :)

Archived