Disembark information

cruisinnov10

I can't find much information about getting off the ship. We have some family coming to pick us up after we get off the ship so I am wondering how it works, how long it takes, and what time should we plan on having the family meet us?

It is a very orderly system, mainly based on your flight plans.

ie: those with early flights will be disembarking first.

Some of the loyalty programs will give perks and those members can disembark early also.

The ship will ask for your departure details.

So, pick a time (perhaps 9:30am) and tell the ship that you have a private transfer at that time. This will ensure that you will be slotted to disembark in time.

A day before you disembark, you will receive luggage tags for your luggage, with instructions on when/where you go to wait, prior to disembarkation. ie: go to the theater @ 8:30.

Make sure that the time slot they give you is earlier enough to make the time that your friend will be picking you up.

ie: 1 - 1.5 hrs prior.

Because you still have to clear customs and go through the luggage area.

Passengers disembark anytime after the ship is cleared by customs. It usually starts around 7:30 and ends at 9:30. You're end of cruise travel plans dictate the time (group) you will get off. If you're being picked up, it will probably be in one of the later groups. The last night you will be informed of your group and departure time. The best thing is to have your family wait for you out of the port area, and then you call them as you are ready to depart the ship.

I can't find much information about getting off the ship. We have some family coming to pick us up after we get off the ship so I am wondering how it works, how long it takes, and what time should we plan on having the family meet us?

I take it you're talking about when you're on the Splendor. So that means the Port of Long Beach. It's really hard to predict as there's many factors, including when customs and immigration come onboard and start the process and how complete it is for that sailing (sometimes the crew members go thru the process too).

Probably best to give them a later time (like 9:30 or 10am) than an earlier one.

When we were getting picked up by a car service for the nearby Port of Los Angeles, I asked the dispatcher what time is recommended. She said 9am. When it looked like that wasn't going to happen (disembarkation started about 45 minutes late), I called the dispatcher and she said no worries, our vehicle will just circle the World Cruise Center until I call from the shuttle stand.

So maybe one thing you can try is have your family's cell phone with you. They can go over to Shoreline Village to wait for your call. When it looks like you're about to go thru customs,you can give them a call and they can drive over from there (it's really close to where Carnival has its berth).

We always opt for self-disembarkation. You have to be able to handle your luggage on your own. You will be the first ones off the ship this way and don't have to put your luggage out the night before or try to find it in the warehouse the next morning.

Kirk

Archived