Guaranteed Rooms??

sjtaaboy

Does anyone know roughly when I will get my guaranteed room assigned to an actual stateroom number? I just booked a guaranteed room for a cruise at the end of October. I know that the cruise line doesn't have to give you a stateroom number assignment until checkin time on embarkation day, however I know usually they assign them prior to this.

I dont think there is a certain time that someone can say, go check now ..it will be assigned in 5 days. .. If it were me, Id be looking every day... but than Im addicted.

My last guarantee on Triumph, I didnt get my cabin until wednesday before we left on Saturday ..but I had it in plenty of time to print off my edocs with it on them.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a question to kind of add to this...

it says they can give it to up up until the time you check in...so what do you do with your luggage tagS? since they take your luggage before you check in? im so confused about this, but really want to book guarantee to save some money on the next trip as its expensive as is

I have received cabin assignment 10 minutes after booking GTY and one time did not know until I arrived at the cruise terminal. The baggage handlers have a list of all current cabin assignments and have the correct tags to put on your luggage if necessary.

i have a question to kind of add to this...

it says they can give it to up up until the time you check in...so what do you do with your luggage tagS? since they take your luggage before you check in? im so confused about this, but really want to book guarantee to save some money on the next trip as its expensive as is

Iv done the same thing, booked last minute, didnt have my cabin # on my booking confirmation (though it showed online so I knew it). I had to go to the luggage guys and have them confirm my booking, opps, not on the manifest, had to go check myself in, leave my sister waiting with the luggage that I couldnt take thru xray, back to porters, and then they let me check in my luggage.

Since you booked pretty far in advance you should have no trouble. I booked only a few days out.

Its only us late bookers who might not be on the manifest. If you booked far enough out as you say, there will be no problem. You will be on it.

My closest was Ecstasy the day the cruise left ... had a cabin #, but my dining said on my card ... see maitre d'!!! never saw that before. I had to go and get a table assignment at 6 pm and then get to the back dining room in time to not hold up my new assigned table.

okay thanks! i was just beyond confused by it all...i guess if for some reason there is an issue, the husband can man the bags while i go inside haha

thanks again!

Don't worry, you won't have to run inside.

This confuses me a little. I reserved through Travelocity and the Travelocity representative on the phone let me pick the room that I wanted. So for my cruise in November, I had my room assignment immediately I guess. Why wouldn't you know what room you had when you booked?

This confuses me a little. I reserved through Travelocity and the Travelocity representative on the phone let me pick the room that I wanted. So for my cruise in November, I had my room assignment immediately I guess. Why wouldn't you know what room you had when you booked?

this thread is about guarantees. You can either pick a cabin or some rate types are guarantees, where you allow Carnival to pick your cabin. They are called guarantees, but you get at least what you booked.

So you dont have to worry as you dont have a guarantee type rate.

this thread is about guarantees. You can either pick a cabin or some rate types are guarantees, where you allow Carnival to pick your cabin. They are called guarantees, but you get at least what you booked.

So you dont have to worry as you dont have a guarantee type rate.

Oh I see, so probably the benefit of doing it the guarantee way is that you might get a nicer cabin potentially and save yourself a little money? Our first cruise is next month on the Inspiration, but how would one go about booking a guaranteed rate for a future cruise?

Oh I see, so probably the benefit of doing it the guarantee way is that you might get a nicer cabin potentially and save yourself a little money? Our first cruise is next month on the Inspiration, but how would one go about booking a guaranteed rate for a future cruise?

Fun saver is always only guarantees. Pack n go rates are only guarantees. Now with Early Saver rates, they will usually be less, but more restrictive, than guarantees, but they used to be a great deal. Now it can cost more ..but yep, the enticement is for me its like Christmas hoping you get some excellent deal. Only once, on RCL, did I get upgraded outside of the type I booked. inside to OV. Best on Carnival, HC, 4E cabin with a 4A gty.

Does anyone know roughly when I will get my guaranteed room assigned to an actual stateroom number? I just booked a guaranteed room for a cruise at the end of October. I know that the cruise line doesn't have to give you a stateroom number assignment until checkin time on embarkation day, however I know usually they assign them prior to this.

I got mine a few days out.

It varies but usually occurs within a couple weeks after final payment.

Once I did not have a confirmed cabin until I got to the pier, but it was a very uncommon upgrade! Not that going from an inside to an outside is worth much, but we thought it was neat to get it for free.

Archived