Adventure OTS 18th November 2010 ex Malaga

cublet

• 4 weeks later...
yes... hello! We are on aswell.... on the adventure from Nov 8th.... see you there...

Hello,

I look forward to meeting you. Can't remember where the FOD meet on Voyager class ships, I think it's the Champagne Bar. But there's usually a notice at Guest Relations.

You must really like Malaga! Have you worked out how many hours you are going to spend there over your time on board?

Best wishes,

Cublet

Hello! Yes usually the Champagne Bar... I check the board :)

Yes, we likle Malaga - but mostly the Ship ;) We wont go off the Ship in most places!see you there...

Hello,

I'm like you, I doubt if I'll get off the Independence of the Seas in April next year when I too do a B2B2B at Southampton. But if I was in your position, I would use some of the time to go to the Alhambra in Granada.

I saw on a posting you made for 8th November that there was a big group of guys on board for that one - are they all staying on board for the B2B2B?

Best wishes,

Cublet

yes.... the spanish gay charter is Nov 13th... the group counts now 400! We board Nov 8th untill BCN when the AD sails back to the Caribbean! Normally we would do something more spectacular like this one, but since the gaycruise is in the middle of our vacation and no TA fits before or after we decided to just stay onboard and relax... weather will be so so... so lots of time to chill, eat, drink and have fun! Have been many times to Granada, Malaga etc... maybe we rent a car one stop, depending on the weather! I love to be onboard on turnaround days... funny to see people leave and go - knowing you can stay :) see you there!

yes.... the spanish gay charter is Nov 13th... the group counts now 400! :) see you there!

Hello,

Ah, so now I must do two things; spend more time in the gym and brush-up on my Spanish!

I've booked a late departure on the AOS so can stay on board and people watch until 3.00pm.

Look forward to meeting you.

Regards,

Cublet

oh ja... I like the late departure ... its a good thing! will you be on the AD Nov 13th aswell??! I only see the 18th stated on your side.... the gay cruise is the 13th...

anyway... lots of spanish people everywhere any cruise :)

Hello,

It's the story of my life, my timing is rubbish. I am either too early for something or too late. No, I am only on board for 18th, so I'll miss all the fun. For example, Sitges - the gayest place on earth? No, not on a Wednesday when Cublet visits!

I've been on the Eclipse (Solstice class) twice. It's OK but I think it hasn't yet decided where it belongs in terms of 'class' or the people it's aiming for. As a structure it is too narrow - the Independence is exactly 50% wider and you can feel the difference.

Best wishes,

Cublet

(Off to the gym - for real!)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Well, almost.

This is the first fly cruise I've done in about 4 years and I had fogotten how difficult it was to pack with both weight and 'security' restraints. Roll-on Christmas when I can take as much as I want!

Just over a week to go.

Best wishes,

Cublet

Hi, we will be onboard this cruise, not able to fly in until Thursday morning tho, see you onboard.

Hello,

Whenever I fly independently, I always go out the day before so that my luggage has the chance of catching up should it go AWOL.:rolleyes:

Best wishes,

Cublet

Hi, only taking a carryon so its not so bad, apart from a transatlantic we've never done Europe, only the Caribbean, hope its not going to be too cold, flying in from Bristol so should be ok-ish to get to the ship on time.

Hello,

Ah well, that's another reason to go out a day earlier. With a 6.45am flight and therefore a 4.45am check-in (in theory) then I have the chance to recharge my batteries and not spend the first day on board tired and miserable.

Only 'carry-on'?? Is this a naturist cruise and I haven't noticed?:eek:

Don't forget we congregate in the Champagne Bar unless the notice at Guest Relations says something different.

Best wishes,

Cublet

Hello,

Ah well, that's another reason to go out a day earlier. With a 6.45am flight and therefore a 4.45am check-in (in theory) then I have the chance to recharge my batteries and not spend the first day on board tired and miserable.

Only 'carry-on'?? Is this a naturist cruise and I haven't noticed?:eek:

Don't forget we congregate in the Champagne Bar unless the notice at Guest Relations says something different.

Best wishes,

Cublet

Hi, I'm not bothered about getting up earlier, will be hyper as soon as I clap eyes on the ship, have become and expert at packing the essentials, wouldn't bother me at all if it was a naturist cruise lol, In fact, i like Voyager and Freedom class ships as you have single sex steam and sauna so no problems with going nude.

Hi, I'm not bothered about getting up earlier, will be hyper as soon as I clap eyes on the ship, have become and expert at packing the essentials, wouldn't bother me at all if it was a naturist cruise lol, In fact, i like Voyager and Freedom class ships as you have single sex steam and sauna so no problems with going nude.

Hello,

Well, yes. It gives a whole new meaning to the expression 'Bareboat Charter'. I could only ever find naturist river cruises, not than I am one it's just for ease of packing of course. I hurt my back in the sauna on Navigator. The tiles were plain, no ridges, and I began to slip, jerked myself upright and owwwwwwwwwww!

You must give me lessons in packing. I'd like to do the Constellation out of Amsterdam but am afraid of the excess baggage charges to get all my stuff there.

Best wishes,

Cublet

Hello,

Well, yes. It gives a whole new meaning to the expression 'Bareboat Charter'. I could only ever find naturist river cruises, not than I am one it's just for ease of packing of course. I hurt my back in the sauna on Navigator. The tiles were plain, no ridges, and I began to slip, jerked myself upright and owwwwwwwwwww!

You must give me lessons in packing. I'd like to do the Constellation out of Amsterdam but am afraid of the excess baggage charges to get all my stuff there.

Best wishes,

Cublet

That sounds quite painful, are you on the mend now? I usually stick to the steam room, I think I pack quite light usually as I take things I'm not worried about discarding, but I use the laundry service onboard also so it takes a bit of the hassle away. Will be fun to meet up with you and other family in just a few days.

That sounds quite painful, are you on the mend now? I usually stick to the steam room, I think I pack quite light usually as I take things I'm not worried about discarding, but I use the laundry service onboard also so it takes a bit of the hassle away. Will be fun to meet up with you and other family in just a few days.

Hello,

The Navigator incident was back in 2007 and it lasted a couple of hours. Fortunately I pack a large first aid kit ever since an unfortunate incident outside Steamer Quay in Torquay! Whilst others moan (you should see the str8 Indy Christmas cruise thread!), I find the onboard washing & ironing service reasonable.

I can almost taste the sea air.

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

I've no problem with meeting in Jesters (along with the 'Singles get together') but boy do I have a problem with Midnight!

Do any of you guys read this site when at sea?

Best wishes,

Cublet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I saw the FOD meetings in Jesters at Midnight on the notice board at guest relations, a bit late for me, I would have preferred earlier, around 6 for pre dinner drinks and the opportunity to catch up later in the evening, hope you had a good cruise though, weather wasnt too bad apart from Toulon, enjoyed the talent spotting too.

Archived