Early Saver Question

sharlon

I am booking my first Carnival cruise in 22 years. (Last one was in 1988) When I was looking at the Carnival website, chose my cruise, and selected Early Saver for Ocenview, I got category 6b. I'm assuming that Early Saver only applies to the lowest level available in a category. Is that correct? Just wanting to confirm before we get this booked.

Thanks!

I am booking my first Carnival cruise in 22 years. (Last one was in 1988) When I was looking at the Carnival website, chose my cruise, and selected Early Saver for Ocenview, I got category 6b. I'm assuming that Early Saver only applies to the lowest level available in a category. Is that correct? Just wanting to confirm before we get this booked.

Thanks!

Click on the little blue "Edit" button next to the category, the next page will show you the available cabin categories.

Hmmmmm, I guess I should call, then, because it's not giving me any other category of oceanview to choose from.

6A could be sold out.

If you book a 6B and later a 6A comes available, with ES you can never downgrade. You will have to only price match to 6B afterwards if you book it.

Click on the little blue "Edit" button next to the category, the next page will show you the available cabin categories.

or the category tab will show all rates ..

.. but Im thinking if 6B is coming up, that usually means 6A isnt available right now .. as it would usually show the lowest price OV if thats what you clicked on.

Thanks!

As time progresses, the number of cabins in each Category set aside for Early Saver will decrease and may disappear. You want to use Cruise Search, selecting Early Saver as the rate, to eventually get to the 5th page or so that looks like below indecipherable EDIT/Category image, which shows all the cabin categories available for Early Saver.

ken

797211301_CarnivalStateRoomRatesPage.jpg.0074adf7559a1846c501e2756801a24c.jpg

Thanks everyone! I had found that page, but it wasn't clear if that was still Early Saver. Glad you all could clarify that. We are very, very flexible on cabin location. We just want an oceanview. Now I'm wondering, do I go with one of the Early Saver or do I go Fun Saver. Thoughts?

Thanks everyone! I had found that page, but it wasn't clear if that was still Early Saver. Glad you all could clarify that. We are very, very flexible on cabin location. We just want an oceanview. Now I'm wondering, do I go with one of the Early Saver or do I go Fun Saver. Thoughts?

How much extra is fun saver?? I love the excitement of a surprise cabin assignment ... its like Christmas the waiting for a cabin .. could be good, could be so so. Iv never been truly dissapointed .. last time I hoped for something higher since everything was sold out ..but upsell got busy ..still was fine, just not hardly a upgrade.

How much extra is fun saver?? I love the excitement of a surprise cabin assignment ... its like Christmas the waiting for a cabin .. could be good, could be so so. Iv never been truly dissapointed .. last time I hoped for something higher since everything was sold out ..but upsell got busy ..still was fine, just not hardly a upgrade.

For Oceanview on this sailing, a 4 night:

Fun Saver is $339.00

Early Saver is $299 for a 6B

$309 for a 6C

$329 for a 6D

$339 for a 6E

For Oceanview on this sailing, a 4 night:

Fun Saver is $339.00

Early Saver is $299 for a 6B

$309 for a 6C

$329 for a 6D

$339 for a 6E

If you're not going to be in the cabin very much and you're not picky about location and could therefore tolerate the possibility of a lousy location (above the disco, below the galley, etc.) I'd say "roll the dice" and do the guarantee. You also have to recognize and determine if you could tolerate the restrictions of Early Saver (non-refundable deposit and No Name/Passenger Change). ken

The one and only time we let carnival choose our cabin, we were directly under the band in the big show room. The walls were just shaking....one more life lesson learned!! lol

i called carnival and booked a inside cabin with early saver. i got a great inside cabin in the middle of the ship on the 6th deck. i always call and they are wonderful about giving me more options than it shows on the site. i have the deck plans up on my laptop when i call so i can see what cabin they are offering. good luck and have a great time.

Archived