cruising in April

sidneycruiser

I was wondering who had cruised in April before?

What is the weather like? Is it starting to get a bit chilly or can we still expect a fair amount of sunshine.

I realise it is in the hands of the gods but wondered what others had experienced.

We cruised the coast of Qld on the Sun Princess last year and the weather was actually surprisingly cool....where are you off to?:)

We are still checking out cruises at the moment. We are planning on taking our grandson this time. I did plan on another cruise last year but due to family problems we could not go. This time though all is looking good.

I thought the Pacific Dawn, as I hope she will still be in Brisbane then. We have to drive (very slowly) up the coast to see family then add in a cruise before driving back (again very slowly)

If it is going to be freezing cold I don't think we will go and maybe stay on the Gold Coast with the little one, master 4 and 3/4 or nearly one full hand. Funny kid.

If it is going to be freezing cold I don't think we will go and maybe stay on the Gold Coast with the little one, master 4 and 3/4 or nearly one full hand. Funny kid.

Hi sidneycruiser,

It definitely wont be "freezing cold" in April if you sail out of Brisbane. The weather is usually beautiful up here in Autumn. We did the QLD cruise on Pacific Jewel in May this year and although it was chilly when we arrived in Brisbane for the day, it turned out to be a beautiful day. We did the next cruise out to the islands and again, the weather was lovely. It is really only chilly sailing into and out of Sydney. Given the choice of a cruise or spending time on the Gold Coast, well, their really is NO decision! :D

could all ways go to the pacific island in april, we are going on th 9th should be very warm

Vila will be hot and humid in april, Noumea, lifou, isle of pines, slightly cooler.

G'day Thied,

good to see you still plugging away, should have 4000 by end of month, you will soon beat arxcards, lol.

Vila will be hot and humid in april, Noumea, lifou, isle of pines, slightly cooler.

G'day Thied,

good to see you still plugging away, should have 4000 by end of month, you will soon beat arxcards, lol.

should be a great cruise and not a chance :rolleyes:

and no Noumea this time yahoooooooooooo.

mmm where have you been hidding ?

I amming way higher then Geoff speaking of him you know is a really nice guy I have learnt

I cruised this past April 10-17 out of Brisbane on the Pacific Dawn with my 5 and 1/2 year old granddaughter. The weather was great, warm and sunny. The islands were hot. It rained for a few minutes in Port Vila and after the rain it was steaming hot.

On board ship she wore summer clothes and I had brought a jumper for night time. The airconditioning was a bit cool in the cabin, but that was not a bother as I could adjust it when needed (overnight).

Everything was perfect and she still talks about the lovely waves. We did not suffer seasickness nor landsickness.

I think April is a great time of the year for a cruise in the southern hemisphere.:)

Emi

It will still be pretty warm in April in Queensland, in fact I cruised April 2009 up Qld coast and it was pretty warm, hot actually :)

Cheryl, i will hold your cruise accountable for taking the warm weather than as i was amazed at how many overcast rainy days we got....:)

Hah. Just don't travel in June! :cool: We had overcast weather all the time and in Port Vila it poured all day without a break. Going by the webcams, there was hardly ever a nice day in June this year. (Didn't stop us from enjoying the cruise, but we would have liked to see more of Vila - will just have to go again.)

Cheryl, i will hold your cruise accountable for taking the warm weather than as i was amazed at how many overcast rainy days we got....:)

Hi my name is Cheryl and I admit I'm a perfect weather hog :)

Hope that doesn't come back to bite me on the b**

We sailed on april 1 this year on Pacific Dawn. 9 night cruise with only bad weather being thunderstorm in Vila. Still humid and did not wear any jacket or jumpers at any time. 2011 easter is late April next year.

The two cruises prior to ours had bad weather though and a late cyclone in March in Noumea area

I was wondering who had cruised in April before?

What is the weather like? Is it starting to get a bit chilly or can we still expect a fair amount of sunshine.

I realise it is in the hands of the gods but wondered what others had experienced.

Hi ,

We sailed from Sydney on the Jewel in April this year.The 1st & last day at sea was chilly but other than that the weather was great 28-30 everyday.Except for Pentecost Island here it was clear skies but extremely hot ....probaly the hottest day I can remember on any cruise.we sailed inAugust this year again on the Jewel with same result ideal weather.

Cheers

Col:)

Archived