So many cabins to choose from?

mhnh1309

I do not know what to do and am looking for advice. I am the most indecisive person when it comes to this. We were originally in a combination of oceanviews and interiors. Then I looked at upgrading us to balconies. Then I upgraded us to mini-suites because I thought that in addition to the extra space that we would have the suite amenities. I have discovered (thank you fellow cruise critic members for setting me straight!) that despite the name and the room classification on the stateroom tab, mini-suites are not really suites and do not have the amenities suites have.

So now I am looking at either changing back to balconies, staying in mini-suites or upgrading to a combo that would include the two bedroom family suite/mini-suite/interior. If we go to Balconies I can save close to $2,500, if I upgrade again it would be close to another $2,500. Having never traveled in a category above balcony before I have to ask is it worth it? Is the space in the mini-suites worth the $$. Is the suite (space and amenities) worth the $$. Hubby thinks that we should be happy to be on the ship and not worry about the space in the cabins, save the $$ for excursions. But it’s a 7 day cruise. He fails to remember the last 7 day cruise we were on everyone started getting in each others way and he was the one losing his patience. I believe he stated something about never cruising again (the horror!).

Anyone have any helpful thoughts?? We're on Gem, final payment this weekend. I know the cruise will be fantastic no matter what.

I do not know what to do and am looking for advice. I am the most indecisive person when it comes to this. We were originally in a combination of oceanviews and interiors. Then I looked at upgrading us to balconies. Then I upgraded us to mini-suites because I thought that in addition to the extra space that we would have the suite amenities. I have discovered (thank you fellow cruise critic members for setting me straight!) that despite the name and the room classification on the stateroom tab, mini-suites are not really suites and do not have the amenities suites have.

So now I am looking at either changing back to balconies, staying in mini-suites or upgrading to a combo that would include the two bedroom family suite/mini-suite/interior. If we go to Balconies I can save close to $2,500, if I upgrade again it would be close to another $2,500. Having never traveled in a category above balcony before I have to ask is it worth it? Is the space in the mini-suites worth the $$. Is the suite (space and amenities) worth the $$. Hubby thinks that we should be happy to be on the ship and not worry about the space in the cabins, save the $$ for excursions. But it’s a 7 day cruise. He fails to remember the last 7 day cruise we were on everyone started getting in each others way and he was the one losing his patience. I believe he stated something about never cruising again (the horror!).

Anyone have any helpful thoughts?? We're on Gem, final payment this weekend. I know the cruise will be fantastic no matter what.

How many people do you have booked in each cabin, and what are the ages (adults vs children)........that might help us with giving you opinions.

As said above, tell us the ages, etc.

But, assuming a couple of kids, I would lean towards adjoining balconies at the most, or to save money, put kids in inside across the hall from your balcony.

The full suites are nice, but it does eat up a ton of money. And, one of the best perks (Cagneys) is only for those booked in the full suite. That is whole other topic. Don't get it started here - oops, I did.

I vote for the balconies if the price difference between balconies versus a balcony with insides weren't that much. Otherwise I would put all the kids in insides across from the balcony.

With that many kids you are going to want to have the additional bathrooms, televisions etc.

Thanks. We currently have 4 cabins: 11 people in total, 2 adults, 5 teenagers, 3 kids, 1 infant.

That's a tough one....officially I believe you have to have someone 21 listed in each cabin, unless it is adjoining.

I wonder how an AB 2 bedroom full suite would work out (pricewise) with an adjoining Mini suite. The AB holds 6 I think, and they might allow 4 plus an infant in a mini.

The debate would be if the adjoining mini would be allowed the full suite perks, that would be up to the Concierge/Ship.

Archived