Glory Review NY - Canada 9/6 - 9/11

Solo1959

Thanks you so much for your wonderful review! This is the most detailed review of this trip that I've read to date. My husband, son, and I are planning to do this cruise (the same five day one) and may have an extended family group too. Your review has me even more enthused than I was before.

Wow -- cool that it's not even the Carribean and they'll have a regge/calypso band (I associated that will cruising), so this will be a nice treat, something I didn't expect

The dining and entertainment sound fantastic for my whole family -- really fires me up.

We're going to try to get on the "Behind the Fun" tour too. I'll be in line as soon as we get on the boat and hope we can be in the group with the lucky 16.

This thread re-appeared tonight and I get to re-live the cruise!!!!! It's so fun!

I guess we'll be sailing together. Someone should start a role call!

Solo,

Sorry I missed that you are from Albany.

We are up the Northway in Glens Falls.

Follow up question re: Bus to port.

Was the "bus" fairly full?

Did they use a mini bus or full bus?

Not that it makes a difference, but I was wondering

if the bus is a popular way to get to port?

Seems like a no brainer to me....

You avoid the traffic & the parking fees!

Also Do you remember if the price dropped from early purchase?

I do not know Carnival's Price Drop Policy?

My Bahamas cruise was so booked prices went up after I reserved...

Researching a cruise for someone else is fun...

but it sure makes me want to book something for myself!

Solo,

Sorry I missed that you are from Albany.

We are up the Northway in Glens Falls.

Follow up question re: Bus to port.

Was the "bus" fairly full?

Did they use a mini bus or full bus?

Not that it makes a difference, but I was wondering

if the bus is a popular way to get to port?

Seems like a no brainer to me....

You avoid the traffic & the parking fees!

Also Do you remember if the price dropped from early purchase?

I do not know Carnival's Price Drop Policy?

My Bahamas cruise was so booked prices went up after I reserved...

Researching a cruise for someone else is fun...

but it sure makes me want to book something for myself!

Fairly full. Yes, that's a good way to describe it. But there some empty seats. I've used Yankee Trails three or four times already. They use a regular size (large) bus. They show a movie during the trip. And you get to the pier between 10 A.M. and 10:30 A.M.

I book Early Saver. With this plan, you get a low price, you select your actual cabin, and you get all price reductions up to, I believe, three day before the cruise. I've already received $160 off my 5/11 cruise. So far I have not seen drops in the Glory price, but I did see a jump in price. There are other plans besides Early Saver. The "catch" with the Early Saver fare is that you can't really make any changes. Ever. If you cancel, you lose. Yes, they will re-schedule you on a future cruise minus an administrative fee, but you bought the cruise and it's yours to lose. The other fares don't have this restriction. I figure, I buy the insurance anyway, so it's not a big risk for me.

It's a really nice cruise.

We just booked the July 2 cruise. Solo, I'm hoping for better weather this time!;)

For the 4th of July, your weather should be absolutely PERFECT! You have to post an other reviews with tons of pix like last time, please...! When I got home and read it, I relived the vacation. Yours was one of the best. Enjoy.

For the 4th of July, your weather should be absolutely PERFECT! You have to post an other reviews with tons of pix like last time, please...! When I got home and read it, I relived the vacation. Yours was one of the best. Enjoy.
Now that I've mastered the art of posting photos in reviews, I'll be happy to post a detailed review! I'm already looking at possible tours in Saint John. And in Halifax, I'm looking forward to sampling some Keith's Ale again!

Archived