concerns about CB

cruisinleelee

I've only sailed Princess once (back in 2003) on the Golden. We loved that cruise! We sailed all the major lines except Carnival and liked them all! After sailing on the Liberty of the Seas with our 4 grown children (19-29) my DH and I are looking forward to a cruise on our own. We chose Princess because we loved our first cruise with them. I do not recall problems with smoking (NCL was tough in that regard) nor do I recall feeling overly crowded except near the pool on sea days.

Now I'm reading about smoke and crowds:confused: This is the first time we have purchased a balcony and I'd really like to be able to enjoy it.

Can you put my mind at ease?

We loved Celebrity too but we feel it is more formal somehow and we prefer a less formal atmosphere.

We have sailed five times on Princess with balconies each time and we have never experienced a problem with smoke. That's not to say it couldn't happen but don't be scared off by those who rant and rave about not being able to step onto their balcony the whole cruise because of smoke. Chances are you will not have any problems at all.

I've only sailed Princess once (back in 2003) on the Golden. We loved that cruise! We sailed all the major lines except Carnival and liked them all! After sailing on the Liberty of the Seas with our 4 grown children (19-29) my DH and I are looking forward to a cruise on our own. We chose Princess because we loved our first cruise with them. I do not recall problems with smoking (NCL was tough in that regard) nor do I recall feeling overly crowded except near the pool on sea days.

Now I'm reading about smoke and crowds:confused: This is the first time we have purchased a balcony and I'd really like to be able to enjoy it.

We loved Celebrity too but we feel it is more formal somehow and we prefer a less formal atmosphere.

Last Fall we had a cruise booked on the CB. After reading these boards I was all concerned about beds, smoke, crowds, air conditioning and any other little thing that everyone was posting about. Well, I am happy to say that we went on a beautiful, relaxing Cruise on the CB and were very happy not to find any of those problems at all! We even booked to go on her again 10/23!

I hope you can sit back, relax while reading these boards and take all of the information in.............then go on your trip and ENJOY!

I truly think it depends on which itinerary you do. We've done the So. Caribbean on the CB and it was a wonderful, fantastic cruise. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again in a heartbeat.

It seems the Canada/NE cruises are a totally different experience. Must be the cold weather that forces more people inside or something. :confused:

I've been on the Liberty OTS & the Golden Princess and found no more smoke on the CB than on either of those two ships. I really notice it too.

If you're heading to the So. Caribbean, do not worry one bit. Expect an absolutely wonderful cruise experience. ;)

Archived