Never had to buy beverage pkgs before, but now I do!

ktbmhb

Sry for the ??. Checked the threads for about 7 pgs. Didn't find the answer and couldn't find the prices on RCCL web site.

How much are the beverage pkgs? Water, soda, juice. Also, if you purchase the soda pkg does that mean you have to walk around with a glass in your hand all the time?

Going cruising with 20 and 18 yr old.

Sry if the answer is out there, I must have missed it.

Sry for the ??. Checked the threads for about 7 pgs. Didn't find the answer and couldn't find the prices on RCCL web site.

How much are the beverage pkgs? Water, soda, juice. Also, if you purchase the soda pkg does that mean you have to walk around with a glass in your hand all the time?

Going cruising with 20 and 18 yr old.

Sry if the answer is out there, I must have missed it.

To find out prices, I think you have to actually go as if you are going to order, i don't know the water package, but the coke package is $6/day + 15% gratutity

To find out prices, I think you have to actually go as if you are going to order, i don't know the water package, but the coke package is $6/day + 15% gratutity

Don't have a reservation number yet...

What about the glass? Do you have to carry one around with you all day?

I too am finding it difficult to actually find the prices for Royal Caribbean drinks, wines, packages, water etc. Looking at booking a cruise for next year and as you say the website needs a reservation number but I am not booking until I know how much the drinks and excursions actually cost. I would like to know cost of packages in sterling up front at booking and the cost of drinks on board in dollars. Also like to know the typical cost of each excursion maybe compared to P and O prices as we cruised with them this year.

Can anyone help with this info please as have searched various sites today!

Many thanks

PJ

Don't have a reservation number yet...

What about the glass? Do you have to carry one around with you all day?

We're not teenagers or young adults :rolleyes:, but my DH is an avid soda drinker so I can answer this question for you.

When you purchase the soda package, you will get a commemorative beverage container (we have LOTS of them!) which is a nice glass with an insulated covering and a twist off top. Most importantly, you will get a sticker on the appropriate SeaPass card. You do NOT have to carry the glass around with you; it's the sticker on the SeaPass card that is the important item. Just present to any bar area, dining room, buffet person and they will bring you a soda.

Here's a tip: when you ask them to bring you a soda, you can ask them for a large glass. If you don't ask, sometimes they'll bring you a small glass similar to an orange juice size. At a bar, you don't usually have a choice and they'll just fill up whatever bar glasses they have. But in the Windjammer, you can ask them to bring you the type of glass that they use for a large iced tea. In my experience, you will always get a fountain soda, not a can.

Hope this helps with your planning!

No, you don't have to carry around a glass or cup, there is a sticker on your card that shows you have purchased the package.

We used to buy the soda package for our kids, but realized they drank so little it cost less in the long run to just buy each soft drink. So think about your kids habits before buying an unlimited package.

My kids only had a soft drink with dinner and perhaps one other sometime during the day. To make it work out to be less for the package, I think it's something like 4 purchased soft drinks to equal the daily rate.

The water package is purchase X amount of bottles to be delivered to your cabin. It's not cheap, but neither is water from a soda machine or purchased in a restaurant, I think I saw a 16 oz. Dasani water for $1.50 at McDonalds the other day. The bottles of water are 750 ml onboard, so they are large bottles.

You cannot compare cost of beverages to what you can get at the grocery store. Rather compare to restaurant or resort prices.

I too am finding it difficult to actually find the prices for Royal Caribbean drinks, wines, packages, water etc. Looking at booking a cruise for next year and as you say the website needs a reservation number but I am not booking until I know how much the drinks and excursions actually cost. I would like to know cost of packages in sterling up front at booking and the cost of drinks on board in dollars. Also like to know the typical cost of each excursion maybe compared to P and O prices as we cruised with them this year.

Can anyone help with this info please as have searched various sites today!

Many thanks

PJ

I guess I'm in a helpful mood today. Although someone else might be typing at the same time, so this information could be redundant by the time I finish. LOL.

Shore excursions are tied to a particular cruise, so that would be difficult for anyone to help you with. I'll give you the information that I can give you easily, which is for the different drinks packages that are offered, as they are simply tied to a per diem, so would be information you could extrapolate. The package that I looked at is for a 7-nite cruise. Also, a thought about the shore excursions, you are always better off doing a private excursion, if you're concerned with cost. The better way to research that information would be to go to the Ports area of this site, as well as any Roll Call for the cruise that you're considering that has already sailed; i.e., the same ship with the same cruise itinerary for a previous year.

On to beverage costs:

Bottled Water Packages: 8 bottles $28.45; 12 bottles $40.30; 18 bottles $50.55; 24 bottles $71.10 PLUS 15% service charge. They will be delivered to your stateroom on a date of your choosing during the sailing.

Fountain Soda Packages: a per diem charge of $6.00 for adults and $4 for kids under 18; PLUS 15% service charge.

Juice Packages: 6 bottles $20.15; 8 bottles $25.25; 12 bottles $35.55; PLUS 15% service charge.

What I can't help you with and someone else might be able to chime in with the information, is the size of the water bottles and the type of juice(s). I have no information about that.

They are wine packages that are available for purchase ranging in quality from Gold, Silver, Diamond. You can purchase 5 bottles at a time, 7 bottles (as I recall). Again, you get a sticker on your SeaPass card reflecting the number of bottles that you've prepaid. You simply order from the appropriate section of the wine menu. The bottle is recorked, if you don't finish it when it's opened, and presented to you, again, at your next meal. I can't remember the pricing. Again, someone else might be able to chime in with that information.

Enjoy your planning.:D

Current soda pricing info, courtesy of Daghis from this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1255542&highlight=soda

For kids (under 18), it's $4/day plus 15% gratuity. For a seven-day cruise, that'd be $32.20.

For adults, it's $6/day plus 15% gratuity, so $48.30 for a seven-day cruise.

This is assuming you buy in advance or while at sea (note that you pay for all days of the cruise, even if you buy after the first day). I believe that if you buy it when you board while the ship is still docked, you may also pay local sales tax as well.

Edit: Seems like a bunch of us decided to post pricing info at the same time! :)

http://www.scribd.com/full/33759184?access_key=key-bkjmazztxk8nbrcj108

as is always the case find something having asked the question! Prices for beverages and Wines are on this link from another thread.

How much are the bottles of water for the room ie the 1.5 litre size? Can this be done as a package?

PJ

Good find!

I also found the information for the wine packages. Here's the link for the menu:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/SampleWineMenu.pdf

and the pricing:

Gold: 5 bottles $135; 7 bottles $180; 10 bottles $245; 12 bottles $275

Platinum: 5 bottles $145; 7 bottles $195; 10 bottles $265; 12 bottles $300

Diamond: 5 bottles $180; 7 bottles $240; 10 bottles $330; 12 bottles $395

All, also have 15% service charge added.

Thank you so much for the information, your packages info plus the link I found answers everything! The water and the soda fountain prices dont sound too bad really and looking at the bar prices just the beer and wine fairly pricey.

We have been spoilt as went with P and O where get english dark beers at really good prices and bottles of wine also excellent value but would be nice to try a different cruiseline!

Thank you again for your help

PJ

• 2 weeks later...
why wld u pay a 15% service charge for water or fruit juice packages which are already hiked up in price - 6 juice bottles for approx $20...? There is no mixing or booze so???

Cld someone please explain this to me?

It still must be delivered by the waitstaff after obtaining it from the bar tender, just like any other beverage order.

What kind of soda do you get with the card? Is something sugar and caffeine free available?

Are there sodas that are only available per can?

Thanks, Lucy

The soda's in the soda package are fountain soda's..coke, diet coke, sprite & I think diet sprite...you can buy individual cans of coke products for around $2 inc. tip...

Here's a hint if you leave from a port where there are state taxes on soft drinks. If you buy your soda card before the ship leaves the port, i.e New Orleans, you will pay sales tax on every card you buy. If you wait until the next day, while at sea, you will save sales tax, it not much but for some people every dollar helps.

The juice is delivered to your room at the start of the cruise so it isn't cold. There are a few different flavours

The water is in 750ml bottles

There are different wine package costings depending on where you are cruising. The wine packages in USA & Asia are one price band and the wine packages in Europe are in anther band. If you are a Brit guess which is more expensive:rolleyes:

It still must be delivered by the waitstaff after obtaining it from the bar tender, just like any other beverage order.

They aren't opened, poured or mixed just delivered and besides they are in paks so likely wldn't be done by a bartender - any staff member can and wld do it..With that type of markup, delivery shld be included but JMO...

Here's a hint if you leave from a port where there are state taxes on soft drinks. If you buy your soda card before the ship leaves the port, i.e New Orleans, you will pay sales tax on every card you buy. If you wait until the next day, while at sea, you will save sales tax, it not much but for some people every dollar helps.
You really only have to wait until the ship reaches international waters, which could be as little as 1/2 hour after sailing. Also, if you happen to be on a cruise that stops the next day in a US port and you wait until then, you'll be in the same boat (literally and figuratively).

The juice is delivered to your room at the start of the cruise so it isn't cold. There are a few different flavours

The water is in 750ml bottles

There are different wine package costings depending on where you are cruising. The wine packages in USA & Asia are one price band and the wine packages in Europe are in anther band. If you are a Brit guess which is more expensive:rolleyes:

Here are wine package costings:

US$ NA and Asia sailings

Gold 5 $135

Gold 7 $180

Gold 10 $245

Gold 12 $275

Plat 5 $145

plat 7 $195

Plat 10 $265

Plat 12 $300

Diamond 5 $180

Diamond 7 $240

Diaomond 10 $330

Diamond 12 $395

Add 15% to all prices when booking on line or on board

US$ European and SA sailings

Gold 5 $155

Gold 7 $205

Gold 10 $281

Gold 12 $315

Plat 5 $165

plat 7 $225

Plat 10 $305

Plat 12 $345

Diamond 5 $205

Diamond 7 $275

Diaomond 10 $380

Diamond 12 $455

Add 15% to all prices when booking on line or on board

I really don't understand the point of the juice package since you can get juice for free in the Windjammer. Maybe that's ONLY in the morning? :confused: But I'll probably just fill up one or two sippy cups for my toddler in the morning and be good for the day. Unless there's something I'm missing with that one.... (shrug) I already told my older kids that they're drinking iced tea and lemonade. :p My daughter prefers iced tea anyway, so she's easy. I may buy my son a soda a day if he asks, since it's not that big of a deal--or expense. But I'm just setting up the expectations of "this is what's included." ;)

Archived