Onboard photos in digital-format?

I'll be on the Mariner (my first RCI cruise!!) on 11/7/10 and was wondering if the photos I take onboard can be purchased in digital format?

If not, what's the best way to purchase photos without spending a lot of $? We'ree planning to take a number of portrait photos but the prints will add up pretty quick.. With digital, at least there's a master copy to share and reprint.

Thanks!

s.gif

s.gif

Life On Board

s.gif

Q: Is there a way to transfer pictures from my digital camera to a CD onboard? s.gif

A: The Photo Shops onboard have mini digital photo labs that allow you to have pictures burned onto a CD. Pictures from digital cameras cannot be transferred to a CD from the computers onboard our ships.

I don't know how expensive that is. Sorry.

I saw a thread not too long ago about the digital prints. I can't remember the exact amount but it was more than $200. You don't get to pick one or two photos so you have to purchase all the photos to get them in digital format. Someone with better information will respond, I'm sure, but I wouldn't count on that being an option as far as expense.

s.gifI don't know how expensive that is.

I believe the price was $10 last time I sailed. I've thought about doing it to have a backup copy, but sometimes when I plug my memory card into a computer, the format gets "wacky," and some of the pictures are no longer readable by the camera. I doubt this means I'd lose the pics, but again, I'm paranoid.

I have my eye on something like this.

Archived