Thomson Airlines hand baggage allowance

milamber

Apologies if this has been covered before, but a good search couldn't find anything.

We have a Princess cruise booked for early October. We booked the whole package via Princess and are flying out with Virgin to San Francisco and back with Thomson's from Barbados.

Because Virgin's hand baggage allowance is a little smaller than usual we bought new carry on cases which also fitted within Thomson's guidelines on their website.

We had the air e-tickets yesterday and Princess give Thomson's maximum dimensions as 43cmx28cmx23cm as opposed to 55cmx40cmx20cm on the Thomson website. The cases we have bought are too large for this.

I rang Princess to clarify and got a 'if that's what the tickets say, that's what is is' type of answer without explaining why. Thomsons were no help either.

The dimensions given on the e-ticket are actually Thomas Cook ones. I wonder if Princess have somehow mixed them up?

Hope someone who has 'been there done that' might be able to help.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks, but I think it's really an issue for this board as it's a Princess cruise I'm going on, not a Thomson one - just happen to be flying the return with Thomson Airways.

I've tried the Thomson board, but that is simply about Thomson cruises. This relates specifically to a Princess cruise booking, but one where Princess have chartered a Thomson flight and seemingly varied the hand luggage sizes.

I'm interested in the experiences of people who have also booked via Princess, but got a Thomson flight.

Archived