Exactly where is designated smoking on solstice class deck 5

happybeachbum

On Solstice, these cabins are directly above the Deck 5 Port side smoking area:

Continental Deck (6)

Cat 1A 6237, 6239

Cat 2C 6241, 6243, 6245, 6247, 6249

If you look at the deck plans on celebritycruises.com, you will see an indented area just outside of the "Celebrity Destinations" office. There are chairs and ashtrays set up there.

<opinion>If you are in port and it is not very breezy, you "may" smell cigarettes on your balcony. Out at sea you likely will never notice.</opinion>

I was just on the Solstice for the September 5 cruise. I booked a cabin on the starboard side as the smoking on Deck 5 is on the port side. However, on two occassions we did smell smoke and I did see people on Deck 5 on the starboard side smoking. We had an Aqua Class Cabin near the back. So if people are out there, you might smell it. I did call Guest Relations about it and that person was clueless as to which side the person should be on, so this confirms that they don't even know. But according to the paper in our room it was port side only. Guest relations said they would send security, but of course the person was only out there for one cigarette. If it were me, I would still book starboard side again. Also, for what's it worth, I did suggest on my comment card that they should pick one side or the other for all designated smoking areas. Celebrity called 5 days after my cruise to follow up on all of my comments, so they do read the cards. Overall, I was very happy with this cruise and the restrictive smoking policy. It was a very nice change from previous cruises.

I can't stand cigarette smoke either, so I wish the whole ship was non-smoking! Nothing worse than enjoying some nice, clean, ocean air on your balcony, and then some jerk lights up a cig next door! :mad::mad::mad: What a filthy, disgusting habit! Just my 2 cents worth . . .

Archived