Bar Setup

gliles

I looked on the NCL site and couldn't find the bar set up. When I seached I found some Q and A and they all directed me to the Bon Voyage area and I only saw flowers and wine, etc. no liquor, I'm sorry I know I am missing something but can someone help? We'd like a little nip on the balcony :p

I looked on the NCL site and couldn't find the bar set up. When I seached I found some Q and A and they all directed me to the Bon Voyage area and I only saw flowers and wine, etc. no liquor, I'm sorry I know I am missing something but can someone help? We'd like a little nip on the balcony :p

use the search this thread function above--type in bar setup--hit search--

should find all the information you need and how to contact who does it.

Please refer to this thread. It has all the info you need.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1245679&highlight=groupevents

BG

BG

Thank you, I was looking for it on the NCL site, not here I apologize for asking.

Thank you, I was looking for it on the NCL site, not here I apologize for asking.

I don't think it is on the NCL site even though it should be. I emailed groupeventsun@ncl.com for a bar set up on our coming soon b2b2b cruises on the Sun and ordered a bottle of Southern Comfort. I'd learned how to do it from posts on the CC board. It certainly isn't easy to find on the NCL site if it's even there.

Inez is our group event co-ordinator and is very easy to talk to. After I'd emailed her and got an answer from her, including her phone number and extension, then I phoned her, ordered the liquor and gave her my credit card number. Unlike excursions, the liquor is billed to the credit card instantly.

I don't think it is on the NCL site even though it should be. I emailed groupeventsun@ncl.com for a bar set up on our coming soon b2b2b cruises on the Sun and ordered a bottle of Southern Comfort. I'd learned how to do it from posts on the CC board. It certainly isn't easy to find on the NCL site if it's even there.

Inez is our group event co-ordinator and is very easy to talk to. After I'd emailed her and got an answer from her, including her phone number and extension, then I phoned her, ordered the liquor and gave her my credit card number. Unlike excursions, the liquor is billed to the credit card instantly.

Thank you for HELPFUL information, I shall email them!

BG

BTW - not helpful at all.

Thanks for the info. I just emailed them. Would you know if the bar set-up is available for purchase when you are on the ship. Also, if you order some alcohol and then decide to cancel your order will they refund your money? I ask because I ordered a bar set-up on our HAL cruise in 3 weeks and then there were some changes re who was coming and I was able to cancel some liquor that I had already paid for. My refund appeared on my credit card right away. As an aside, the price for a liter of alcohol on HAL was on average $37.-$40. per bottle so I was a little taken aback by the $80+ price tag for the bottles on NCL. Regardless, it's nice to know that it can be ordered and thank you for the interesting and informative thread. It has really helped. Much appreciated.

I don't think you can order it on the ship unless you want to pay the shot per bottle prices. They raised the prices about a year and a half ago. The $80 bottles used to be $40 and the $100 bottles were $55. A big jump, but still a good deal if you like sipping while getting ready for dinner, or sitting on the balcony, and we do! :D

I don't know about getting a refund, but you can always take it home with you. I know it's more expensive than you would normally pay for it, but just an option in case they don't refund. You might want to ask that question to whoever you spoke with, or even better, let everyone order their own.

BTW, you can take your own mixers with you.

Have a great time!

This is what I got back

"There is no bar set-up list which I can send you. We offer select liquors which can be ordered with payment up to on week prior to sailing. Please advise what type of liquor you’re interested in and I will provide a quote.

Regards,

Sandra Agusti | Group Event Coordinator"

This is what I got back

"There is no bar set-up list which I can send you. We offer select liquors which can be ordered with payment up to on week prior to sailing. Please advise what type of liquor you’re interested in and I will provide a quote.

Regards,

Sandra Agusti | Group Event Coordinator"

That is the usual response. They don't send out their whole list.

I have the list on my wall , what do you drink ?;)

Thanks, I did get this back:

Here are the prices you requested:

Smirnoff 80 $63 1L

Absolut $83 1L

Grey Goose $103 1L

Seagram's 7 Crown $63 1L

Jack Daniel's Black $83 1L

Crown Royal Special Reserve $123 750ml

Quick response too I might add!

Thanks, I did get this back:

Here are the prices you requested:

Smirnoff 80 $63 1L

Absolut $83 1L

Grey Goose $103 1L

Seagram's 7 Crown $63 1L

Jack Daniel's Black $83 1L

Crown Royal Special Reserve $123 750ml

Quick response too I might add!

I just ordered for the Pearl and thought I would give these current prices for a couple of things not listed above:

Captain Morgan - $63

Kahlua - $83

Maybelin Gutierrez was also quick with answers and very nice.

Linda

BTW - not helpful at all.

you must not have read the thread--it shows how to contact the ship group coordinator and also directs you a list of prices--which by the way are still valid--I ordered two weeks ago--so I do not know why it is not helpful to

you.:(

BG

I just ordered some <cough>cheap<cough> tequila and vodka for the room. I'm bringing some little sugar-free margarita mixer dealies for my wife's low carb margarita pleasure. Might bring the bullet blender too. :P Vodka will be for something else; dunno yet.

Thank you for HELPFUL information, I shall email them!

I hadn't been back to this thread when I signed into our Roll Call thread this morning, so I posted the info there as well since I wasn't sure you'd be back here to see it. I'm glad you saw it and have the information you need. See you aboard ship.

you must not have read the thread--it shows how to contact the ship group coordinator and also directs you a list of prices--which by the way are still valid--I ordered two weeks ago--so I do not know why it is not helpful to

you.:(

BG

I didn't see a complete list of prices, must have missed that? :confused: and I was asking about a bar set up which turns out does not exist. You referred me to a thread I had already seen and suggested I use the search function, I did not find that helpful. The thread you provided also didn't answer my question. Sorry. But I have the info now, thanks everyone!

I hadn't been back to this thread when I signed into our Roll Call thread this morning, so I posted the info there as well since I wasn't sure you'd be back here to see it. I'm glad you saw it and have the information you need. See you aboard ship.

BTW I can't wait to meet you, I am one of those who only comes on here when I have a cruise booked :( and I have seen you on here for years and can't believe we'll be on the same trip...well not the same trip since you are doing a B2B2B2B2B2B2B or whatever ;)

Oh now that I seen your join date, I think I have you confused with another NM cruiser! Sorry, still looking forward to meeting you!

I just ordered for the Pearl and thought I would give these current prices for a couple of things not listed above:

Captain Morgan - $63

Kahlua - $83

Maybelin Gutierrez was also quick with answers and very nice.

Linda

I also wrote the other day to Maybelin and she answered within minutes with prices and was very nice... still deciding what to get... we have time since we don't sail til January.

I also wrote the other day to Maybelin and she answered within minutes with prices and was very nice... still deciding what to get... we have time since we don't sail til January.

Maybelin deserves a raise , she is one of the best coordinators they have . I have had the privilege to use her services several times and she is THE best. ;)

I didn't see a complete list of prices, must have missed that? :confused: and I was asking about a bar set up which turns out does not exist. You referred me to a thread I had already seen and suggested I use the search function, I did not find that helpful. The thread you provided also didn't answer my question. Sorry. But I have the info now, thanks everyone!

I do not know what you are talking about a bar setup does exist at NCL--I have had one for every NCL cruise I have been one--that is what NCL calls it when you order a bottle for cabin--so what are you referring to?? Sounds like you are confused.

BG

Maybelin deserves a raise , she is one of the best coordinators they have . I have had the privilege to use her services several times and she is THE best. ;)

I just dealt with her for our upcoming (~2 weeks) cruise on the the Epic and she was prompt and helpful.

BTW I can't wait to meet you, I am one of those who only comes on here when I have a cruise booked :( and I have seen you on here for years and can't believe we'll be on the same trip...well not the same trip since you are doing a B2B2B2B2B2B2B or whatever ;)

Oh now that I seen your join date, I think I have you confused with another NM cruiser! Sorry, still looking forward to meeting you!

Maybe you have me confused with New Mexico Nita?? She's on here a LOT.

I wish there was a way to let NCL know this. I wonder if filling out a STYLE card onboard would get to the right people.

Archived