Peat Taylor tours from Falmouth?

39august

I want to know, too. I wrote to them through the peat taylor website but don't have a response yet. I read that Marva Shaw is going to (from her site) but don't know about Peat Taylor yet. Hope so. I REALLY want to take his tours and have no idea if our ship will be at Ocho Rios or not...

Freedom, Jan 26 in jamaica

I just found Peat Taylor's confirmation email in my spam filter (darn it!) and YES, they are picking up people from Falmouth if that happens to be where to dock. Cost is about $10 extra for Falmouth pickup instead of Ocho Rios, but that seems reasonable considering the extra miles.

He said we have to get off the boat 15-30 minutes after it docks. Sounds like no time will be wasted. :)

YAY!!!

I just found Peat Taylor's confirmation email in my spam filter (darn it!) and YES, they are picking up people from Falmouth if that happens to be where to dock. Cost is about $10 extra for Falmouth pickup instead of Ocho Rios, but that seems reasonable considering the extra miles.

He said we have to get off the boat 15-30 minutes after it docks. Sounds like no time will be wasted. :)

YAY!!!

If you don't mind me asking what is he quoting you then as the total price? I am a little confused because on his website he lists the price for adult and child but then he list additional charges such as transportaion, dunn's entrance fee, and horse back fee. Is that on top of the $85. Please see below.

Dunn's River, Ocho Rios Highlights & Horseback Ride n Swim

ADULTS CHILDREN (11 Years & Under) 85.jpg80.jpgAdditional Charges

(1 to 4 people US$160 for Transportation)

(Dunn's River Falls Admission: US$15 per adult and US$12 per child)

(Horseback Ride: US$30 each)

I admit to some confusion and plan on getting it cleared up before we book. I had several emails back and forth and he seems to be changing his website daily. Basically he quoted me $75 pp (but said he made a mistake and it was $85), and if only 1-4 people from the ship go on the tour, then we also get to pay a $180 transportation fee (I see now it's $160). I told him that was too high, couldn't pay it, he said he would keep me posted.

I would think more than 4 people from the ship would eventually book his tour, but I don't know and there's only so much waiting we can do.

In my discussions with him the

(Dunn's River Falls Admission: US$15 per adult and US$12 per child)

(Horseback Ride: US$30 each)

were not extra, but maybe he's changing his mind.

I will not pay $85pp, plus $180, plus $30pp plus $15pp... good grief, it's just one day trip! :eek:

Marva Shaw is another option, although I don't know what her pricing is, and at least for my cruise, I don't think we'll be landing at Falmouth. I don't think it will be ready.

I probably won't contact him again until we get closer to the sail date, but he does answer emails fast, I've read great reviews, and he does send confirmation booking emails which should have the pricing on it. If it's not right, just reject it. He seems reasonable, but I think this Falmouth thing is throwing them for a loop and he's not sure what to charge. Unfortunately some of us will be guinea pigs.

Here's what he emailed me, because at first it seems like you'd pay $85pp AND the $180 on top of it. No way. But his explanation makes it much better.

From Peat: "If you are coming from Falmouth and the other persons are travelling with you the transportation cost will be US$45.00 per person, if it is only the two of you it will be US$90.00 person, then the entry fees will be US$US$15.00 per person for Dunn's River and US$20.00 per person for tubing. If it is from Ocho Rios it will be US$65.00 per person inclusive of admission fee. Hopefully we will get other persons booking by then, once we have other from Falmouth on that day, it will be US$85.00 per person inclusive of admission fees. I will keep you informed"

That makes it $80pp for Dunns River, Tubing and Blue Hole (from Falmouth) for 4 people. actually $5 cheaper than if 5 or more are going.

I like this. I've got my group of 4 on the list. Now just to see where Royal actually docks that day! :)

Archived