Oct 10th W. Caribbean - Still Hurricane season? Liklihood?

John73

After having to cancel my Aug trip and then my re-scheduled Sept cruise (at least I had insurance covering work cancellation reasons!), things now look good for taking one in mid-October. I'm eyeing the Solstice Oct 10th Wester Caribbean with the current 50% off 2nd person rates. The only catch is that my friend is worried that it'll still be hurricane season and possible impacted by weather. From the more experienced here, any advice on whether that would be the case and it'd be worth it? We can get a Concierge Class cabin for a total of $1635.78 for 2 people, which seems like a very good deal to me. Just a bit worried about the weather as she I think will like being in the sun if possible.

Thanks!

Just look at what is going on right now with hurricanes and you'll have your answer. Mid October is not far away and 2010 has been predicted to be one of the worst hurricane seasons. We also book our cruises the first part of December to avoid hurricane season. There's really no way to predict what will happen so if you book then you will take your chances. The buy one get half off also applies to December cruises as well.

It's always a possibility, but the ships steer clear of storms. If there is a Hurricane in the Caribbean the ships will alter their itineraries to give you the best vacation. I enjoy taking fall cruises as the pricing is fantastic. I have had hiccups in cruises due to hurricanes, but every cruise during those times is fantastic. Typically, most hurricanes during the season happen in August/Sept. So if you weren't worried in August you have no need to worry now.

Having lived through several hurricanes myself, I'd say go for it. This year, most of the hurricanes are staying in the Atlantic and away from most of the caribbean. I'd book it and not be the least bit worried.

Now if you were planning a cruise to Bermuda, then I'd tell you to think again.

Archived