FREEDOM - Our First Cruise was Great!!

rocketmom09

We got off the Freedom in Ft. Lauderdale from our Western Carribean cruise last Saturday. It was so wonderful. No major problems and the little ones aren't enough to even mention. We learned our way around the ship pretty quickly. We were on Riveria Deck Aft and our cabin was very nice and spacious. We loved the big window. I believe the only thing we would change about our cabin is possibly moving it toward the middle next time. We were third from the end in aft and would probably move closer toward the middle next time.

The food was delicious... we enjoyed eating in the Chic Restaurant every night (we had anytime dining, which we loved). After the first night, we asked to be seated on the other side of the restaurant (we didn't really like our first waitress and didn't want to be seated there the entire week). They put us at Imade's table and we asked for him each night after that. We had room service for breakfast every morning and they probably delivered it on time each morning.

I enjoyed the benefits of the spa (the seaweed wrap detox/massage) compliments of my husband and son.. I have fibromyalgia and this treatment does work. I didn't have a flareup when I came back home. I can honestly say I felt like a celebrity for that 2 hours! Private room overlooking the ocean with a window that was wall to wall and floor to ceiling. I highly recommend it. (You can negotiate the price!) ;)

We had a great time at the theatre watching "Ticket to Ride"... definitely a must see.

We had planned on getting the soda card but decided against it, and now I'm glad we didn't waste the money. We brought 2 12 packs of Coke & Mr. Pibb with us (which was a hassle rolling it thru and carrying it with us), and we have already said we wouldn't bother with it next time. Remember what you carry on with you, you're stuck with it until your rooms are ready. Even after sharing the Cokes with our son and DIL, we ended up leaving about 8 cans in the cabin when we left.

If anyone has any questions you'd like to ask me specifically about the Freedom, feel free to ask me. I know when I was trying to do some research on Freedom, I didn't see that many reviews or comments.

I'm ready to take my next cruise!!!

We just booked our summer 2011 on the freedom. We booked am aft extended balcony with panoramic view on deck 7.

What didn't you like about your room? Just that it's far from everything? Did you feel a lot of movement?

It's far from the front of the ship, for sure! Now going to Lido was great because we just hopped on the elevator and we were there close to everything. We'd grab a pizza or calzone, hot chocolate... hit the elevator right there and be at our room. Now in the evenings when we'd go to the theatre and other places near the front of the ship, we felt like we were walking a mile just to get back to our cabin. But after all that eating, we needed the exercise.

We didn't feel a lot of movement but we sure heard the noise of whatever was under us (engines??) We always knew when we were pulling into a port in the mornings. Didn't need a wake-up call... we had one built in. But that was all right. We had ordered our coffee and was ready to get moving.

We just really enjoyed our trip! (Can you tell???)

Archived