Had insur, cancelled,rebooked, stay with me

jeniceglassman

OK I'm confused, perhaps some of you can assist. Booked cruise, bought insurance. Diag. with breast cancer for second time this year. Cancelled cruise because of miscommunication with Radiation oncologist. Received $800 aprox back from carnival. Cruise was completely paid for. Found out I will be finished with radiation on friday Sept 24th. Cruise is on Sept 26. Called Carnival rebooked..they bent over backwards and we actually got a nicer cabin (which we are paying add'l for) We were midship balcony. But I'm thinking I'm dropping the ball and paying for the same cruise twice by not filing a claim with berkley care for the original cancellation. Is the radiation leaking from my boob to my brain? Pls advise...jenice

if you did not get the full balance back, and your insurance covers it, then YES, call the insurance company and explain you cancelled your cruise (don't tell them you rebooked thats seperate) and see what your policy does and if they are the ones that will refund the difference of your cruise. but, being pre-existing condition, it may not. but call them since you paid for it.

No we are still out over some serious funds. It was not a prexisting condition. Different breast, different cancer did not appear on an MRI until after 1st trip was booked. So I should file a claim, I am thinking clearly aren't I? Thanks..j

Yes, if you did not received a FULL refund, then the difference should be paid by the travel insurance. You will need to contact them and have them send you the forms. Some companies you can download them from their website. You will need to have the doctor fill it out.

Dave

Archived