Small ship cruises on the Great Lakes

loverofcruises

• 3 months later...

We have cruised on Oceania, HAL, Celebrity, etc now we are ready for exploring another part of the world. I have been looking at Blount cruises, but am afraid its not up to the standards we are used too. Does anyone know any other cruise lines that cruise the same area as BLOUNT?:D

Does anyone know any other cruise lines that cruise the same area as BLOUNT?:D

I have heard American Cruise lines are good but have not tried them

or Voyages of Discovery go further afield

Thank you for your response. I had not heard of either of these lines. I will have to investigate a little further. Very hard to switch from the luxury lines to these very small ships. But the areas they cover are interesting. Thanks again

Thank you for your response. I had not heard of either of these lines. I will have to investigate a little further. Very hard to switch from the luxury lines to these very small ships. But the areas they cover are interesting. Thanks again

What type of cruises are you looking for Adventure types ?

We are going to try a river cruise in 2012

It is hard to switch after Oceania ;)

You might do a search for Clelia II or MV Columbus (doing the Great lakes in Sept)

Lyn

We too loved Oceania, but opted for a River Cruise on Uniworld last October. It is the best way to see the countries that are around the rivers. We went from Budapest to Passau with a two day extention to Prague. Uniworld is a first class ship. I think you would not be disappointed with the class and the service. I am now just looking to cover another area of the world and thought that cruising on the rivers of North America and Canada would be nice.

I am now just looking to cover another area of the world and thought that cruising on the rivers of North America and Canada would be nice.

People we met on our last cruise are doing the Great Lakes cruise in Sept on the Columbus . I wish I could convince DH to go ;)

We are booking a Scenic river cruise for 2012

Hope you find something interesting

Lyn

Unless I was looking in the wrong place, the Columbus is a ship that has only German speaking help. Is that true? Or is there another ship called the Columbus?

They cater to German & English speaking but announcement are made in both languages

It used to just cater to the German market years ago

• 3 months later...

The Columbus has been coming over to the Great Lakes off an on for at least 10 years (I looked at it around 2001 until sticker shock set in LOL). I assume they are able to serve English speaking passengers.

• 1 month later...
We are trying the Great likes Cruise on the Niagara Prince in August. Does anyone have any information on this ship or cruise line? Thanks

Look for Blount cruise or ACCL(american, canadian caribbean line) it's former name

• 1 month later...
They cater to German & English speaking but announcement are made in both languages

It used to just cater to the German market years ago

The Great Lakes Cruises on mv Columbus are "international cruises" and are bi-lingual. We are booked on the Valparaiso-Papeete cruise Dec.'11 and this cruise is German language only even though the crew is bi-lingual.

The Great Lakes Cruises on mv Columbus are "international cruises" and are bi-lingual. We are booked on the Valparaiso-Papeete cruise Dec.'11 and this cruise is German language only even though the crew is bi-lingual.

I have no idea

They use to just cater to German speaking clients but I read they do announcement in English as well

Archived