When do they assign cabins for guarantees

zbxb006

I have a balcony guarantee for an Oct 10 sailing on Victory. No cabin has been assigned yet. Carnival has been elusive on when they will get around to assigments, saying it could be as late as the day of sailing.

So, what has been your experience? I have seen Carnival quoted elsewhere saying they assign cabins 8 weeks from sail date, but that obviously isn't true.

We sail on the 9th and some of our Roll Call members rec'd their assignments last week..

As Carnival has told you, you may not know until you check in at the port. There have been many posters that have said that to be true.

I guess you just have to keep your fingers crossed and hope for an incredible upgrade:D

of 29 CCL cruzes..about 75% cabin # immed.. (G'tee), 5% wait n see, 20% ugged.(mostly after I became Platinum, now I'ze Milestones...recently,I was 10 min from port. Sometimes I just get the surprize when I check in. Seems my good luck omen is to print bag tags early, and whoops..it gets ugged..usually to a OV 2 lower. I'm not picky , just gimme a tikki :D..

DH and I have only done a guarantee once and we did not find out our cabin assignment until we reached the port. The porters have manifest lists and ours looked up our name and we put the cabin number on our luggage tags. No hassle at all.

Archived