Port Canaveral as a Port of Call

WendyVF

We will be stopping in Port Canaveral on October 13th. We've cruised from there several times so I'm a little familiar with the area. My initial thought was to make this a ship pool day however we will be at sea for 2 full days prior and I'm thinking I might be ready to get off the ship at that point.

I think we'd like to go to Ron Jon's and then the beach. If I remember correctly there is a shopping center across the street where we could purchase some adult beverages. Are these allowed on the beach? Also, what's the best way to get there? I've looked at rental cars and one would be around $45 for the day. Any idea how much a cab would be?

We will be stopping in Port Canaveral on October 13th. We've cruised from there several times so I'm a little familiar with the area. My initial thought was to make this a ship pool day however we will be at sea for 2 full days prior and I'm thinking I might be ready to get off the ship at that point.

I think we'd like to go to Ron Jon's and then the beach. If I remember correctly there is a shopping center across the street where we could purchase some adult beverages. Are these allowed on the beach? Also, what's the best way to get there? I've looked at rental cars and one would be around $45 for the day. Any idea how much a cab would be?

Hello Wendy - I noticed noone answered your question so thought I would try to help you out. My own suggestion? I would rent a car (shuttles are at the port that can take you to their car rentals such as Hertz, Budget, thrifty/Dollar, Avis and Enterprise - all of these are within less than 2 miles from each other - Enterprise is the closest to Cocoa Beach and where Ron Jon's is located. The Beach is right behind Ron Jon's or better yet, go to the Cocoa Beach Pier where you really can relax and enjoy the sight. Accross from RJ there is a shopping center with a Winn Dixie grocery store there although they do not have liquor, they do carry beer, wine, sodas, water etc.

The reason I suggested a rental car is that I believe that will be more of a comfort than having to keep rentin a cab to get from place to place - also you can go to the thread of I work In Port Canaveral and look for post #295 and look at the trolley information which is a great way to get around also.

Hope that this will help you some

Come and have a great time here and enjoy the sights and folks

Archived