How do I cancel "Travel Protection" NCL

adanac

Booked cruise on NCL. Was told I should purchase their "Travel Protection". Did so, then found out it would be cheaper & better elsewhere. Called NCL, they said I can't cancel, unless within 24hrs of purchase. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I looked briefly at the coverage and didn't find anything specifically stating that you had to cancel the coverage within 24 hours unless you are already in NCL's cancellation penalty period which begins (I'm guessing) at 60 days or so prior to sailing date, i.e. that's the period during which they will refund only 75-50-25-0% of your money.

From the NCL website at

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=TravelProtection

ENROLLMENT PROCEDURE

For your convenience, the cost of the coverage is automatically included in the total balance due. Enrollment in the NCL Travel Protection Plan or Platinum Protection Plan is made by simply paying this amount. If you do not wish to take advantage of this coverage, simply deduct the cost of the coverage from your remittance (or ask your travel agent to do so). If the coverage has not been included on your invoice and you wish to purchase it, simply ask your travel agent to contact NCL to arrange for billing.

IMPORTANT: The plan cost is itemized on your invoice separately and is NOT included in your deposit. Payment for the coverage may not be accepted after the Trip cost has been paid in full.

The plan cost is non-refundable once you enter the cancellation penalty period as stated by NCL

Archived