Miami or Fort Lauderdale

bankerbabe

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I feel the need to ask again. Should we stay in Fort Lauderdale or in Miami for a few nights pre-cruise. Here's the situation:

• We are flying into and out of West Palm Beach (it was significantly cheaper when we booked). Our friends are flying into and out of Fort Lauderdale.
  • Our cruise is out of Miami, departing and returning on a Sunday.
  • We are two families of four with two 14/15 year old boys and two tween girls. I'd really rather NOT go anywhere near a topless beach, as I'm sure I would have to apologize to everyone for our boys' behavior.
  • We will be using Marriott Rewards points to pay for our hotel stay. Our friends will be staying elsewhere, somewhere less expensive.
  • Both families will have rental cars.
  • We arrive on Thursday, friends a day earlier.
  • We are not interested in shopping, high-end restaurants, or people watching.
  • We ARE interested in beach time, having Cuban food for dinner one night, and just relaxing after flying cross-country. We will take a day-trip to the Everglades and would like to do an airboat ride (I'm thinking Coopertown).
  • If we stay in Miami, it would be in mid-beach at the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront on 42nd and Collins.
  • If we stay in Fort Lauderdale, it would be at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at 3030 Holiday Drive.

What do you all think?

Stay in FLL; more family friendly, and cheaper (in most cases) than Miami Beach. More options for your friends to find a resonably priced hotel near yours.

Most hotels in Miami and Miami Beach charge $25-30/day for parking!:eek: Check your FLL and Hollywood hotels for parking charges.

Spring break can be crowded and expensive - book early!

Good luck!:)

Marriot Hollywood beach is a nice choice. Its on the beach. Ft. Laud. hotels are across the street from the beach.

Less hustle and bustle than Ft. Laud. beach.

Spring break is all but dead thanks to the former Ft. Laud. politians.:(

Palm Beach Itl. is around 70 miles to the Port of Miami.

Archived