Price comparison: bottle of liquor vs. by the glass

lemondog

DH loves Jack Daniels...straight on the rocks. Can anyone tell me how much he would expect to pay for this at one of the bars? I am thinking of just buying him a bottle from the Bon Voyage dept. to keep in the cabin, but want to make sure it's a decent savings.

Also, are there glasses in the room for him to drink from, or should be pack a few plastic ones??

Thanks!

per drink according to a price list from a february cruise you will spend 7.25 per drink that is with the gratuity. bottle of jack (my drink as well) from bon voyage $65.00 for a litre. i googled out once the "shots" per a litre and you would come out ahead by purchasing the bottle. but of course he can't carry that bottle around, so you'd need a glass to do that. or go back to your room every so often. except for that small inconvienence it would pay to get the bottle.

so during your cruise he can have a drink in the cabin. fill his glass with jack on the rocks and be-bop around the ship. go back to make a fresh or if he didnt you can always get one at the bar. just remember what you don't drink you have to think of are you flying or driving to bring the left over home. but then again, get some rum runners and put the left over in that and pack it if your flying.

ok, just googled again.. here is one i pasted below: so with this formula, i would look at the "standard" 1 1/2 oz for each drink, at 65 a bottle you are paying 3.00 a drink.

Number of Shots

•A 750 ml bottle--a fifth--holds a little more than 25 1 oz. shots, or 16 1 1/2 oz. shots. For a liter bottle, you can get 33 1 oz. or 22 1 1/2 oz. shots. Round down to account for any spillage

Archived