Online Class and Will Need WIFI in Mexico....locations???

globe9

My GF and I are going on a cruise out of NOLA on the Triumph this December. She is enrolled in school and will have 1 online class that semester(2 regular classes, but will only miss 1 each as they are on separate days)....the online class requires her to be logged in to the site and interacting with other class members for several days of the week.

She is hoping to bring her laptop to do this in Mexico. She isn't going to bother with the ship's internet as it's expensive and kind of hit and miss with coverage(this is what I heard anyway)....we were wondering if there were any wifi hotspots in Progresso or Cozumel.....I know most McDonalds' in the states have wifi....does the McDonald's in Cozumel have free wifi?

Any other free or inexpensive wifi hotspots in Progresso or Cozumel?

Thanks!

Coffee shop in Cozumel cruise port (where Carnival docks) offers free WiFi with the purchase of at least $4 in product.

The coffees & chocolates there are all exclusively local Mexican, and delicious. The Caffe Mocha was rather amazing so I had more than one, as well as bringing home some coffee beans.

Good quality connection for internet.

Have a great cruise!!

.edit to add . . . just now checked on the official name of the place . . . Cafe' Punta del Cielo

Progresso in town is $1 an hour, thats where I go, and I have a $2 or $3 place in Cozumel.

Progresso, kind of old and run down looking, but works fine. The buttons have a few spanish keys on them, but Im a touch typer, but I hit them now and again. I know supr = delete lol.

I can give her better directions if she wants them

both of these places are internet cafes and well marked... and Im sure if you bring your own laptop you can almost always get on that way too. I go early to make sure I get on, as the one in Progresso can get busy. Several places outside the port in cozumel if you have your own laptop its only $2 an hour. If I say Ill give you $4 for 2 hours they almost always say sure (I dont have a laptop), says crew welcome, where I go in cozumel.

Archived