New to Seabourn

cruzadict

We are thinking of booking the Sojourn next May from southampton. We have taken close to 30 cruises including Cunard, Silversea, Celebrity. What differences will I experience on Seabourne as opposed to silversea. I say Silversea as this cruise line seems to be the close to SB than the others. Do they still have formal nights?

We are thinking of booking the Sojourn next May from southampton. We have taken close to 30 cruises including Cunard, Silversea, Celebrity. What differences will I experience on Seabourne as opposed to silversea. I say Silversea as this cruise line seems to be the close to SB than the others. Do they still have formal nights?

Agree that Silversea and Seabourn are close in many ways. We have done just three cruises. Late June 2006 on 204-passenger Seabourn Spirit, Athens to Istanbul, enjoying the Greek Isles over seven days. Then late July 2008 on the 940-passenger Crystal Symphony, Dover to Stockholm, enjoying the Baltics and Russia. And this year July 1-16 on the 296-passenger Silver Cloud from Copenhagen seeing the Norway Coast, fjords, above the Arctic Circle, Land of the Midnight Sun, etc. All three lines are excellent with great service, fellow passengers, staff, etc. What’s best? The honest answer is . . . “It depends!!!”. Ports, schedules, timing and prices vary much, especially right now with this economy and two of these lines expanding (especially Seabourn) so much. You need to seek what best fits your exact personal needs, budget and interests.

All of the lines seem to be moving in a way to being less formal and strict. Some love that. Some are shocked and unhappy. My view is that it will all work out and you will have an enjoyable trip. Much depends on what you are seeking and needing on your cruise. For us, the ports and timing are key. THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived