Just off the Dream-Horrible cigar smell from room next door

cruisin again

Your comment that I'm bawling is way off-base..

I agree

I'm having a fantastic day (working on qualifying for a new home loan, just got approved for a 4.25%).... been a long day sitting by the phone trading phone calls with my banker.

Congratulations!!!!! This is such a great time to buy a home. I'm happy for you :D

I'm sure that you will get some negative reaction, I've had an unlit cigarette in my hand and had some woman start fake coughing and waving her arms. All you can do is laugh at their ridiculousness.

Same here and I love to do this type of thing all the time just to get some people's reaction.

Yes I know I am a terrible person. :p

I'll have a unlit cigarette held up under the palm of my hand with only the butt sticking out while I'm waving my hand back and forth gently as if I was trying to make the smoke disapate and you get all kind of reactions,

The Fake Cough

The hands covering the nose and mouth

The holding of their breath with their jaws buldged out like a puffer fish

The waving of the hands all up in the air like they are swating files

The speed up walking

The I wish you would puy that thing out it stinks

The nasty looks, you know like if I could get by with it I would take you out

Just think all these reactions from a unlit cigarette that was only thought to be burning. :rolleyes:

I've only had one elderly lady to actually come over and ask me to please put the cigarette out and when she discovered it was never really lit her face became RED as a beet and turned around and walked away.

This is directed to the radical nonsmoker without health problems that just want's to ride on the coat tails of those with health problems to spread their agenda to the world.

Yes I smoke, but I also consider myself a polite smoker.

I never smoke in any nonsmoking area.

I don't smoke inside of my own home, so therefore I would not smoke inside of my cruise cabin, which will be someone else's cabin when I leave.

I do and will continue to smoke on my balcony and if you are ever my balcony neighbor, I will be happy to share that balcony time between us. ;) All you have to do is ask in a polite way. ;)

But don't ever inter my space ( any smoking area ) demanding this and that, cause I will be more than happy to put you in your place and send you on your merry little way.

This world will never stand if we as a people can't find a way to co-exsist.

This is directed to the radical nonsmoker without health problems that just want's to ride on the coat tails of those with health problems to spread their agenda to the world.

Yes I smoke, but I also consider myself a polite smoker.

I never smoke in any nonsmoking area.

I don't smoke inside of my own home, so therefore I would not smoke inside of my cruise cabin, which will be someone else's cabin when I leave.

I do and will continue to smoke on my balcony and if you are ever my balcony neighbor, I will be happy to share that balcony time between us. ;) All you have to do is ask in a polite way. ;)

But don't ever inter my space ( any smoking area ) demanding this and that, cause I will be more than happy to put you in your place and send you on your merry little way.

This world will never stand if we as a people can't find a way to co-exsist.

couldn't have said better myself.

Thanks, that's very nice of you. Its a stressful processes but there's never a dull moment :rolleyes:

Wait until you make settlement (Is this your first home)??

You sit and sign papers for an hour,

VERY Scary.

Good Luck to you!!!!! :D

How in the world did people ever exist before all the political correctness and crying?

Bars etc have always been smoked in, smoking outdoors to me is perfectly acceptable, everything is going to kill you these days. One day it's broccoli, one day eggs, then those are going to cure cancer. A kid swallows a bus and then those are banned and recalled. Give me a break. People may as well live in a bubble.

I don't like smoke in my face if i am eating but those are non-smoking anyways. I don't get what is so hard about avoiding the areas. It's crazy

Back on topic :rolleyes:...

when I looked at which cruise to take next year and found that the Dream had no cigar bar I decided against it. I really wanted to take that ship but instead we're taking the Legend out of Tampa. From what I've read the Legend is a great ship. I think we'll love it. Group of at least 3 couples going. The trip under the bridge should be nice!

I'm having a logical debate in a chat room, with a topic that I find interesting. Chatting on a chat site seems like a reasonable activity.

Your comment that I'm bawling is a bit off-base. I'm having a fantastic day (working on qualifying for a new home loan, just got approved for a 4.25%)....its been a long day sitting by the phone trading phone calls with my banker. So this debate has been a nice way to pass time between calls.

Then be happy, BTW thats a good rate.

Celebrity offers more non smoking areas if you need less smoke.

when I looked at which cruise to take next year and found that the Dream had no cigar bar I decided against it. I really wanted to take that ship but instead we're taking the Legend out of Tampa. From what I've read the Legend is a great ship. I think we'll love it. Group of at least 3 couples going. The trip under the bridge should be nice!

Was this referring to me? Cause that is the topic.

You will love Legend BTW, one of my favorite ships

Legend is great. Cigars in sports bar and aft pool area by bar. Spirit class ships very cigar friendly. New ships not so.

the previous poster said "Actually they are." meaning more important. when in fact i don't see any one person more important than another. if they feel so subjected,to people smoking as allowed, perhaps they should find vacations that accomodate their wishes. many foreign countries allow you to smoke anywhere.

addicts use a far different rationalization than smokers. i know, i have a family member who has had addictions. you can't compare drug addicts to smokers.

Saharaga is right. When you say "I know it can kill me but I have to die of something", it is the exact same sentence I have heard MANY drug addicts say. I work in the Addictions field.

You have the right to smoke but you should also be honest with yourself. Your choice to smoke should be yours ALONE. That means if you want to smoke somewhere that will not affect anyone else that's your choice but there should be no smoke blowing at them because this of course, takes their choice to not smoke away from them - secondhand smoke is not good. When you go on your balcony and smoke and the downwind blows your shoke to another guest's balcony you have infringed upon their right to not inhale smoke.

Just asking, on other threads, I have read that Carnival will confiscate curling irons and fans for safety reasons, but it's OK to smoke cigars and basically infect your next door neighbors with health problems because of your habits? I thought that Carnival had Cigar Bars for this reason, so cigars would be smoked in the cigar bars. An what about fire safety from cigarettes and cigars in each room? I don't want to smell your habit anymore than I want to hear your excuses on why you can't walk a few steps to a designated area so everyone living around you for a week has to suffer.

Just asking, on other threads, I have read that Carnival will confiscate curling irons and fans for safety reasons, but it's OK to smoke cigars and basically infect your next door neighbors with health problems because of your habits? I thought that Carnival had Cigar Bars for this reason, so cigars would be smoked in the cigar bars. An what about fire safety from cigarettes and cigars in each room? I don't want to smell your habit anymore than I want to hear your excuses on why you can't walk a few steps to a designated area so everyone living around you for a week has to suffer.

Because the electrical appliances can and do overload the ships electrical capacity. Most ship fires are cuased by electrical issues.

"most ship fires">>> scary thought

what about the ones that are NOT caused by electrical appliances?

if people fall asleep with cigs in their trailers, apartments and homes and burn them down what is to say that might not happen on a ship?

especially with all the drinking??

at least a non smoking drunk will just fall down or throw up, they won't cause a fire

if people fall asleep with cigs in their trailers, apartments and homes and burn them down what is to say that might not happen on a ship?

at least a non smoking drunk will just fall down or throw up, they won't cause a fire

LOL, back on the smoking drunks are you :rolleyes:

Mark has the best idea, make a portion of the cabins non smoking and a portion smoking. Everyone is happy. Such a simple idea.

Why didn't OP go knock on there door and tell them that the cigar smoke is affecting there room?

Folks, from the day you are born, you start to die. You can choose how, or when.

I'm a smoker and will not purposely infringe on your right to breath in fresh air, but if I do, please have the guts to tell me and don't do the fake cough and wave your hand thing. It just makes you look stupid.

Now if your a gutless wounder and have to come on CC to complain about smoking on a cruise ship, please realize that the smoking area is for smokers and you have the option to move.

There is a lounge called the Rendevous which is across from the Library on the 4th or 5th deck that you can smoke cigars in nice and quit very few people in there.

I'm a smoker and will not purposely infringe on your right to breath in fresh air, but if I do, please have the guts to tell me and don't do the fake cough and wave your hand thing. It just makes you look stupid.

I would be hard pressed to ever find a justifiable reason to ask a smoker not to smoke when they are in a smoking-allowed area. That said, why is there always an assumption that a cough in response to cigarette smoke is "fake?":confused: I'm sure it happens, but really, cigarette smoke does induce that reaction in a whole lot of people who are not accustomed to breathing it in.

Seriously, I totally respect your right to smoke in designated areas and naturally assume that most smokers are considerate and reasonable. So please don't automatically assume the worst of me, either, if I happened to cough just a bit as I pass through.:)

Seriously, I totally respect your right to smoke in designated areas and naturally assume that most smokers are considerate and reasonable. So please don't automatically assume the worst of me, either, if I happened to cough just a bit as I pass through.:)

And I respect your non smoking rights, but there are people that have an agenda, and they will never realize that we can all respect each other.

They are caused by the dryers, a life vest and other reasons. Only one was thought to be caused by a cig and it was not proven to be. So really the ship is as likely to be hit by a torpedo as it is to sink by a fire caused by a cig. Do a google search on ship fires.

And I respect your non smoking rights, but there are people that have an agenda, and they will never realize that we can all respect each other.

Yeah, I get that, but I still don't know how you would necessarily know which people who cough are being fake or have an "agenda." Obviously, the ones that cough and wave and get hysterical before you've even lit up are easy to peg, but it seems to me that some smokers find it convenient to assign an agenda to anyone who coughs rather than admit that smoke truly does affect some people severely. Doesn't mean they have to change their behavior if they are in a designated smoking area, it just means they might understand that it's impossible to really know what a total stranger is thinking at any given moment and try to avoid assigning evil motives to people who could just as easily be very innocent of them. Just food for thought...

I can't believe that Carnival hasn't seen this as a great money making proposition. If they required E cigs inside and on balconies, then sold the E Cigs and cartridges ...even selling them WAY below retail...would make them a ton of money!!!

What about the people who smoke cigars and pipes because they enjoy the taste, etc?

I don't smoke cigars because I HAVE to. I smoke them because I enjoy it. It's relaxing and I enjoy the flavors/taste of the cigar and my pipe.

When I went on the Freedom earlier this year we had a balcony cabin and I smoked on it a few times but did more smoking in the cigar bar than anything.

I would have had no problem not smoking at a certain time or whatever the case may have been if somebody was considerate and polite about asking me.

On the other hand, if you are rude about it then I truly couldn't care less.

Archived