No Safes on the Sea

susanf31

I'm sailing on the 2/19 NCL Sea.

I've heard that there are no safes in the cabins. Is that true?

Ladies, what do you do with you wallets/purses when you are at the pool or on an excursion? It seems like a hassel to have to go to the front desk to utilize a safe everytime you want to put your wallet/money away.

When I am swimming in the ocean I wear a water proof purse around my waist with my cash in it. when I am on the ship I leave everything in the safe in the closet.

bhl123-where did you find such a thing? I want to take my sister out snorkeling, but am very hesitent to have both of us go out and leave our things unattended....Thanks for the input!

"shivering in Mpls, MN :eek: "

Our cabin did not have a safe. This was a MAJOR pain. There was lock boxes available to use but you had to make sure and go during the correct hours they were open. If I had to go again on this ship, I would take some kind of locking device that could be locked down somewhere in the room. Maybe like a bike-chain lock or something.

My cabin on #4 deck on the Sea last October 04 had no safe. There were boxes available just behind the info desk, but only at certain hours. However, as only the room stewards would normally have access to the cabin, I would have felt comfortable leaving almost anything locked in a suitcase, with the exception of my passport and some other documents, which I preferred to leave in the safe.

Archived