Cave Tubing? Should we do it?

murphfam4

Absolutely! I am a non-swimmer, and I went cave-tubing at age 60. It's not scary. It's fun..............something you can't do anywhere else.

Search the boards and you will find lots of recommendations for independent tour operators. No need to book through the ship, you'll have a better tour with a local guide.

I say go for it!

YES dont use hte ship to cook. Use cavetubing.com. We did and had a blast. We did the atv and cavetubing and LOVED IT! even the atvs in teh jungle ANYONE CAN DO! my wife had trouble figuring out the gas and brake since she isnt used to the gas being on the handle bars. One of the tour guides helped her eht ewhole way, riding ont eh side of her atv giving it gas while she steered. SHE LOVED IT! the cave tubing is very gentle and georgous!:D

Belize is a beutiful place, dont listen to others it is not scary at all! Lots nicer than some place near wher ei live!

I did,,,and decided against it,,,really due to age and health,,,plus hubby wants the ziplining.....I m doing the airboat and city tour....so many options and lots of infor here and youtube to make YOUR choice...;) also,you have to walk with tube for quite a distance over uneven,slippery surfaces it says....so that s a decision too...good luck....

Cave tubing is awesome and so is the zip lining. I just got back from it last week. We used Nacho and Cynthia they are independent. They are awesome. You will have a small group, and they will get you there before the lines form. Also, you will get a native lunch buffet included. So worth the money. They were our FAVORITE tour on our cruise...and we were scared to do both activities and they were so much fun. go to ncqadventures dot com to book with them. SO great!!!

Very glad to read how much everyone likes cave tubbing.

We are planning on doing it, but still undecided about the company to use.

Would love to do the ATVs too, but is there enough time?

We might try those in another port.

YES there is plenty of enough time. we did the atvs and cavetubing and still got two caves in and still got at the ship one and a half hours before the last boarding time. Just make sure to get off the boat early adn youll be fine! they will make sure to get you back on time adn they reassured us that they NEVER had anyone left behind but if they do they will pay to get you tot he next port or to home!

I did,,,and decided against it,,,really due to age and health,,,plus hubby wants the ziplining.....I m doing the airboat and city tour....so many options and lots of infor here and youtube to make YOUR choice...;) also,you have to walk with tube for quite a distance over uneven,slippery surfaces it says....so that s a decision too...good luck....

First off the tube weighs a whole 5 onzes or so! lol

Second the trail is not that long and not slippery at all. as a hiker I would say it is equal to an unpaved walking track at your local city park! only once or twice is it not flat level and even then not steep at all really! PLUS if you go with cavetubing.com and tell them your having trouble with carrying the tube they will help you with it, they did my wife!

Youll never get a chance to do it anywhere else so if your okay with passing up a lifetime chance to experience somthing new thats up to you BUT I assure you youll be gratefull if you go!

This sounds like fun, I really want to do it! However, we will be travelling with a big family of 17 people, and we have kids who are only 4 & 6 years old. How can we do this? Do we leave the kids on the ship for the day? or, can they go with us? Any ideas? Thanks.

Very excited about this exercusion!!

Booked the cave tubbing and ATV with cavetubbingdot com

Got an almost immediate confirmation..

This will be great!!

They said they will let my 10yo drive her own ATV.. she has one at home, so she does know how to drive.

Very excited about this exercusion!!

Booked the cave tubbing and ATV with cavetubbingdot com

Got an almost immediate confirmation..

This will be great!!

They said they will let my 10yo drive her own ATV.. she has one at home, so she does know how to drive.

You will NOT be disappointed! We were just there last week and used the dot com guys. They were awesome! I honestly can't say enough good about the entire experience. And they were the ONLY ones that actually guided their group down the river. Everyone else was just turned loose to go on their own. All we did was float as they took us through and pointed out interesting formations and the little water fall. Take a waterproof camera with a flash or a good zip bag to cover your camera with!

I would just double check how high the river will be when you go, if it is high the current will be strong then it could be dangerous. I went one year in Oct, the current was moving and pushing me into the walls, but it wasn't strong and we were fine.

They do provide life jackets.

hubby is going...i am not...i dont do caves...i have done the river running on big huge rafts and tubed rapids but choose not to do this because of the caves...my nephew went a year or so ago...said they got bunched up in the cave so they were just sitting there and that would freak me out and i do have claustrophobic issues so instead of worrying about how it will be and stuff i am just letting hubby go!!

Are the caves fairly well lit, or pitch black? Would having an LED "headlight" help (like the kind you clip to a baseball cap) or would it just upset other tubers and ruin the experience? :)

I'll be tubing with a 9-yr old and two 12-yr olds....

Are the caves fairly well lit, or pitch black? Would having an LED "headlight" help (like the kind you clip to a baseball cap) or would it just upset other tubers and ruin the experience?

I'll be tubing with a 9-yr old and two 12-yr olds....

Our tour company provided helmets with led lights on them. Just to see how dark it really is they may say everyone lights off. Its just for a few seconds.

Here is the company we used I wrote a review on Trip advisor.

Fantastic tour company

Cave Tubing with Vitalino Reyes

x.gif

dyfennell.jpg

x.gif

dyfennell 15 contributions

Northern California

Sep 10, 2010

After reading all the great reviews we decided to book with Vitalino. We were not disappointed. Vitalino was not able to reach us before we left for Miami so he called my cell phone as I was boarding our cruise ship. He wanted to be sure I had all the details of where to meet him. The minute we stepped out the gate his representative was standing there to greet us. His son Vitalino Jr was our head guide with 3 assistants. Jr was extremely knowledgeable of the area and very funny. We were a small group of 8 so it made it very personable and easy to hear what he was telling us during the hike to the water. The lunch served in a patio next to his home was delicious rice, beans and chicken. One more thing the equipment is wonderful helmets with LED lights, life jackets, and beautiful yellow tubs with handles. We sat so high out of the water I hardly had to do BUTTS UP.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor

Our tour company provided helmets with led lights on them. Just to see how dark it really is they may say everyone lights off. Its just for a few seconds.

Here is the company we used I wrote a review on Trip advisor.

Fantastic tour company

Cave Tubing with Vitalino Reyes

x.gif

dyfennell.jpg

x.gif

dyfennell 15 contributions

Northern California

Sep 10, 2010

After reading all the great reviews we decided to book with Vitalino. We were not disappointed. Vitalino was not able to reach us before we left for Miami so he called my cell phone as I was boarding our cruise ship. He wanted to be sure I had all the details of where to meet him. The minute we stepped out the gate his representative was standing there to greet us. His son Vitalino Jr was our head guide with 3 assistants. Jr was extremely knowledgeable of the area and very funny. We were a small group of 8 so it made it very personable and easy to hear what he was telling us during the hike to the water. The lunch served in a patio next to his home was delicious rice, beans and chicken. One more thing the equipment is wonderful helmets with LED lights, life jackets, and beautiful yellow tubs with handles. We sat so high out of the water I hardly had to do BUTTS UP.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor

I'm sure I had read your review - all the reviews of his tour were great that is why I have booked our family of 8 with him for January - can't wait!!

Archived