No Weight Gain :-)

jeanlyon

Hi, just back from 16 nights on Azura. I weigh exactly the same. Yippee. I stuck to cereal and a piece of toast for breakfast, yes with butter. I had big salads for lunch with bread and a piece of cheese. I had starter, soup and main course for dinner, no puddings, well OK I had one creme brulee and one night I had cheese. We had loads of wine too, but only 2 before dinner and half a litre with the meal.

So all in all, I am well pleased. We walked miles on the ship - she's so big and walked a lot on our DIY excursions.

Jean

Well done Jean - very good!

I actually do better maintaining my weight on a cruise than on any other holiday so don't put on any - or much weight. I usually go to the gym most days and don't eat between meals. I find that lunch in the main restaurant is better than self service because of the portion control.

I used to love the afternoon tea and scones, but they changed the scone mix a few yrs ago to a yeasty variety -yuk (thank goodness!)

On the other hand, my husband struggles and usually gains 7lbs!

Please tell us about your cruise when you have time!

Caryl

Hey, well done!

I have been watching my weight for a few months and I'm really worried I'll put it all back on, on the cruise next month.

We have room service breakfast, just to avoid all the tempting food. We always use the stairs, not lifts and walk miles in ports, so we can enjoy the evening meals without worrying. I hope I can come back and say the same as you :D

Hi. We go to the buffet, but I have an enormous salad and find that it's enough with one piece of bread. Breakfast is not my favourite meal, so a bowl of cereal and a piece of toast is plenty. We don't have tea, or if we do, just a biscuit and a cuppa. It's difficult to always use the stairs on Azura. 9 decks is too much. But we always walked down from 18 to 7 and walked up if it was 4 decks or less.

My job means I am sitting down a lot, so I get more exercise on a cruise and I hate that feeling of being totally stuffed P:-(

Caryl - didn't like Azura - too crowded and too big. OK, we knew she was big, but I wasn't ready for the terrible queues to get off and on. The ladies loos were often out of order and there were not enough of them. Two loos only, although they did have 4 washbasins!! LOL

Loud music everywhere throughout the ship. Not my style I'm afraid.

"Caryl - didn't like Azura - too crowded and too big. OK, we knew she was big, but I wasn't ready for the terrible queues to get off and on. The ladies loos were often out of order and there were not enough of them. Two loos only, although they did have 4 washbasins!! LOL

Loud music everywhere throughout the ship. Not my style I'm afraid."

I was thinking it might be a bit like that - at least I will go prepared.

Were there many children on board?

As long as I can find a reasonably quiet place to lie in the sun?:cool:

We are on R deck so walking the stairs won't be so easy this time.:(

What is it with P&O and not enough loos! Surely when building a new ship they would have known to provide more toilets outside restaurants. Every time we fill in the questionairre at the end of a cruise we menttion this problem.

What ship will you cruise on next Janet? Adonia should be quieter.

Caryl

I invariably lose weight on a cruise since i find so much food off-putting and it's not really to my taste. Consequently I eat far less than usual, and we wallk so much when on board.

What is more worrying is our holiday in Grenada starting next week, where the food is truly excellent and far more appealing - lots of snorkelling will hopefully help - fingers crossed.

No, didn't notice low fat salad dressings, but to be fair I wasn't looking for them. Actually the dressings seemed rather thin, sort of watered down, but I only had a little.

We;re on Arcadia next - I expect to enjoy it more than Azura.

Archived