Free Galley Tour??

BLUEROSEKY

We are sailing on the Fascination it 9 Days woohoo!!! Does anyone know if they still offer the free galley tour on the last sea day? Or has this gone away with the offering of the Behind the Scenes tours? I am seriously thinking about taking the BTS Tour, but wanted to know if this was still offered.

Thanks!

Karen

We are sailing on the Fascination it 9 Days woohoo!!! Does anyone know if they still offer the free galley tour on the last sea day? Or has this gone away with the offering of the Behind the Scenes tours? I am seriously thinking about taking the BTS Tour, but wanted to know if this was still offered.

Thanks!

Karen

I'm not sure about this ship, but when we were on the Celebrity we were told just to ask at the front desk, we didn't get the galley tour, but we got the Bridge tour . Doesn't hurt to ask.:)

All tours are paid - there are no freebies. Best thing is to sign up as soon as you get on the ship, as I heard that the BTS tour fills up fast.

Enjoy Sensation!

free galley tour on the Valor last week on last sea day at noon I believe.

They also had one for Platinum guest at 11:15am. Was nice with only 12 of us.

Bill

Thank you all for the information! I am going with 3 new cruisers and I don't think they are going to be in for the BTS tour :( I kind of feel bad to ditch them to go, but maybe after 5 days they will be ready to be ditched, lol.

Thank you again! Oh and look we are down to 8 days and a few hours :)

Thanks!

Karen

I just got off the Fascination today and I didn't hear anything about a free galley tour, but my wife and I did do the Behind the Scenes tour (it's actually called Behind the Fun). It was $55 per person and was limited to 16 people. It took place on the last day of the cruise and lasted about 3 hours. You get to see pretty much everything from the galley, to the laundry room, to the backstage area of the theater, to the engine control room, to the bridge, etc. The only notable places that we didn't see were the actual engine room (security, insurance concerns) and the crew quarters. But it was great. We got our picture with the captains and a whole bunch of nice little trinkets. Definitely worth the $55 per person. You have to move quick though, the tour only takes 16 people and they list the tour information on the back of the first Carnival Caper.

Platinum members are offered free galley tour, you get a letter and have a number to call and make reservation. In the past 2 years we've been on 4 different ships 2 offered the tour to all after the Platinum folks had gone the other two didn't offer it. It was listed in the Fun Times but the way the "new" Fun Times is layed out it's easy to miss. Best thing to do would be to stop by the Info Desk and ask. My understanding is it depends on how many people request it and if the MD has time to do it.

I just looked through the Funtimes calendar (tear off section, all I still have) for the Conquest this past Saturday (09/18) and didn't see anything about this, was is listed in the bigger section?

Just rechecked ours from last weeks Valor cruise and it was listed in the tear off section at 3pm on Saturday the last sea day.

Bill

Archived