Up-Sell Fairy...

Matt&Courtney<3

Well that was a bummer! They wanted $370 more per person for an oceanview room!!! And for a balcony' date=' they wanted $580 more per person. I was thinking maybe a couple hundred, but that's just too high for us. Oh well, we will still have a great time!!! :o[/quote']

Ya, you can't expect any real good deals anymore. Even the upgrade calls we have gotten in the pat couple cruises aren't really deals, just seeing if we want to pay about the same for an upgrade as it would have originally cost.......Guess the moral is, book what you want and don't expect any great upgrade offer.

Well that was a bummer! They wanted $370 more per person for an oceanview room!!! And for a balcony' date=' they wanted $580 more per person. I was thinking maybe a couple hundred, but that's just too high for us. Oh well, we will still have a great time!!! :o[/quote']

Wouldn't that total with the upgrade be about the same as getting a balcony to begin with? That seems really high.

I turn platinum this cruise and I haven't been offered an upsell yet. :(

Over the past week the suites on our cruise are nearly all vacant, so the price has dropped to $999 pp for alot of them and just over $1000 for aft wraps. If we hadn't gotten our balcony cabin for $499 I would go ahead and book a suite, I just can't justify paying double. Maybe this will be the cruise that they call. If you're reading....I'll pay $400 more total. :D

I turn platinum this cruise and I haven't been offered an upsell yet. :(

Over the past week the suites on our cruise are nearly all vacant, so the price has dropped to $999 pp for alot of them and just over $1000 for aft wraps. If we hadn't gotten our balcony cabin for $499 I would go ahead and book a suite, I just can't justify paying double. Maybe this will be the cruise that they call. If you're reading....I'll pay $400 more total. :D

Balcony for $499 sounds like a great price to begin with. Where and how long? Enjoy your cruise.

I don't think being a past guest or how many cruises has any factor. It probably varies ship to ship and the itinerary.

If it was my business, then I would check which room categories sell the fastest (on that ship) and I would try to free up those rooms by offering upgrades to anyone booked in them......regardless of their past sailing history. The objective for the cruise line is to SAIL FULL and/or to get as many people onto the ship to make money. So if the higher priced rooms are not selling then an upgrade may be an easier sell to someone that has already decided to take this specific cruise.

I also think the "Upgrade notifications" are the cruise line's way (and a smart way if you ask me) to avoid publishing a lower rate and having a mad rush of price reduction submissions.

I have 3 rooms (2-OV, 1 IS) booked on a the Imagination 11/15 that I took on the Riviera deck on an ES rate. Fingers are crossed for en upgrade offer, but if not we are all just as happy with what we have. We are only in the room to sleep, shower, and change anyway.

Ya, you can't expect any real good deals anymore. Even the upgrade calls we have gotten in the pat couple cruises aren't really deals, just seeing if we want to pay about the same for an upgrade as it would have originally cost.......Guess the moral is, book what you want and don't expect any great upgrade offer.

I get the feeling there are good deals BUT its all about timing. If you are cruising when others aren't - good deals. If not -not!

Archived