Long Beach Hilton A+++

DJ56

We stayed at the Hilton last Jan and I have to agree it was a nice hotel. I initially booked a room for around $150 but I learned through CC that you could book it for around $54. You risk not getting it but you have to make sure that you put the star rating on there. We ended up getting the Hilton for $54 plus tax. The money we saved on the room payed for the taxi and then some. We were on RC so we were going to a different port than carnival.

This Jan we are booking in San Pedro due to it being closer to R/C

I also would recommend the long beach airport. It is closer/smaller and and lot less hassle.

I wish you well on your cruise!:D

Thanks for the info. We are in the midst of planning flights and hotel for our April 2011 Carnival Splendor cruise.

One of my favorite things to do pre-cruise is to watch the ship come in at 0:dark hundred. Did you have a room overlooking the port? Are there rooms overlooking the port?

Thanks.

We asked for a view of the harbor. Well we were on the 14th floor looking towards the harbor, however, we could not see the Queen Mary. When looking at my picture taken from the lobby looking up...our room was on the rt. side of the center glass windows 2nd from the top. Once on the Splendor I could see part of the Hilton. It looked like it was the side of the hotel opposite us. So the windows to the left of the center glass possibly you could see the Queen Mary and the Splendor coming in. I really don't know. I really enjoyed the Hilton and next time I cruise out of Long Beach I definately will stay there again.

We reserved a room on the Queen Mary last year for the night before the cruise. My two sons loved ghost hunting the night before LOL The view of the ship when it arrived in the am was wonderful. My youngest is over the ghost thing and asked if we could get another hotel. We reserved the Hilton for one night, Saturday Nov 20th 2010 and the final cost was $240.50

As you will see the price to park is the same exact price as it would be to park right next to the terminal.

Here is the break down:

Rate Type:

PARK AND CRUISE PKG

Rate per night: 209.00 USD

Total for Stay per Room:

Rate 209.00 USD

Taxes 31.50 USD

Total 240.50 USD

Total for Stay: 240.50 USD

Includes estimated taxes and service charges. (Gratuities not included.)

Tax:

• There is a 15.07% Per Room Per Night tax.

Additional Charges:

• Valet parking: 19.00/night Self parking: 15.00/night

I'm now thinking about looking for another hotel that is cheaper with parking or might just try to talk my son into staying on the Queen Mary again. But they like to be around stores, restaurants and such and they didn't like taking the free shuttle over the bridge.

Thanks for posting. LRDR01--we are also staying there Nov 14 before our 4-day cruise!

DJ56--what are the breakfast options if we're not doing Queen Mary? We have 4 kids and are hoping for something simple we can bring back up to the room. Is there a McDonalds or bagel place nearby? Also, what would be the earliest we should go over and try to get on the ship? Do you know how much it is to walk around on QM?

beachmoores--the Carnival rate of $94 includes parking for the week, so you may want to cancel and rebook. It's definitely a good deal.

Archived